Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Chivari Chair Rental

Does anyone have any suggestions on cheap Chivari Chair Rental in the Louisville area? Right now, all the ones I found are $8/each....in larger cities I have found them around $4 !!The chairs at our reception hall are awful..

My other option is renting oak folding chairs and wrapping organza around the backs to dress them up....but would much rather have chivari chairs.

Any tips?

Re: Chivari Chair Rental

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $10 seems to be pretty average, including delivery, so $8 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.  However - I don't really think chivari chairs are twice as nice as the oak folding chairs, to be willing to pay twice the price.  Bryant's in Lexington has the oak ones for just under $2, or black or white ones with padded seats for $2.75.  You might notice the difference between those & chivari when the room is empty, but once people are in and sitting in them, as long as they don't clash and are comfortable, that's all that matters.  Save the $$ for something else.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    kmccubbkmccubb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I think I will go with the oak chairs and tie something around the backs!
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just make sure whatever you tie on doesn't drag the floor.  It could be a trip hazard.  But there are a lot of places online that have chair sashes for not much money at all.  You might also try the trash-to-treasure board & find a bride selling hers.

When is your wedding?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards