Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Catering?

Does anyone know of any cheap catering companies in the Louisville area? My fiance and I are doing a elopment/destination wedding in Nov in St. Lucia, but planning to have an AHR for about 225 when we get back. I originally planned to do my own buffet food, but have since realized that it is going to be TOO much work! We are shopping around for businesses that do catering/food in bulk. We don't necessarily need serving staff and our facility has a good space for food storage. We originally thought that an AHR/destination wedding would be cheaper than an in-town ceremony and reception...starting to find out we were wrong!!! Right now, our most economical option is Schnitzelbank, which will do a full buffet (with serving staff) for $9.70/person. I know that this is pretty cheap for most people, but I'm searching around for any better deals. I am still willing to do some of the buffet food myself, just not all of it. I know that there are private companies out there that do catering for pretty cheap, but haven't been able to get in contact with anyone.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Re: Catering?

• Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what type of food you are looking for. You can also try some restaurants around town. I used Hall's Catering. For their deluxe buffet, it was $10.50 but they have a lot of good homecooking and serving staff.
  • Options
    FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Ladyfingers Catering. I did a tasting with them and it was some of the best food I have ever tasted, and I could not believe how reasonably priced they were! I am not using them because my venue has an in-house caterer, but if I ever have to use a caterer for anything I will definitely use them. 

I would also recommend Karem's catering, whose restaurant is in Norton Commons. I'm not sure how costly they are but the food is delicious!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tauner23Tauner23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out Catering by Victoria. (cateringbyvictoria.org). I definitely lucked into finding her. She is very reasonable and you can find a list of her prices on the website. I think her prices start out at $8/per person but it will vary depending on what you're looking for. Also, if there will be over 100 ppl she makes and designs the wedding cake for FREE and she also offers 20% off invitations. She has been doing it for about 30 years. I thought it sounded too good too be true but I just met with her last week and she's legit. She says that she's always looking for good deals and she wouldn't offer anything that wasn't. It's just her and her sister and they do it out of their house so they don't have a restaurant and whatnot to run like most catering companies do. You should definitely check her out! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think somebody used Masterson's for under $9/person, but I can't remember who so it might be the jet lag talking.  

I'd suggest checking out BBQ places.  We used Frankfort Ave Beer Depot for some work stuff, and it was quite tasty and cheap.  I also coach volleyball locally, and have our banquet catered each year.  The lady does the cooking in the school's kitchen & it costs me under $4 per person, generally.  This year was lasagna, salad, garlic bread, and cake.  (I provided beverages, plates, cups, etc. separately.)  So, you might check and see if your venue has a kitchen that can be used.  If so, then you've got a wider range of possibilities.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards