Kentucky-Louisville

Sawyer Hayes Brides!

Hey ladies! I am getting married at the Sawyer Hayes Center on May 15th 2010...and in my lurking on these boards have seen that there are a few other Sawyer Hayes brides out there.  I have purchased 250 white chair covers to fit the banquet chairs provided and would like to sell them after my wedding.  They will have only been used once...and by buying you could resell them as well and recoup some of your money.  I am asking $2.50 each...this is cheaper than you can rent for anywhere in the area.  Also...these chair covers are made to fit square backed chairs, like those at Sawyer Hayes...while most rentals are for the rounded backs.  If you are interested, just email me at soontobeforee@gmail.com.  I could get them to you shortly after May 15th!

Happy Planning!

Re: Sawyer Hayes Brides!

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Sawyer Hayes bride but I nixed the chair covers. The chairs are very comfortable though. Getting married on 5/8/10.
  • edited December 2011
    A bit off the subject, but where are people finding cheap table cloths?  I've read previous posts and tried ebay, but everything I find is coming up more expensive than the rental price ($10.20 each) which I'm find with.  I just like to know I have explored every option.
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I rented them from Finch Rentals in Dayton OH. It was $5/linen and the shipping was good too. I am going to drive up there though instead of doing the shipping. I  couldn't beat $125 for 25 linens.
  • edited December 2011
    That is an awesome price for linens!  I'm supposed to have someone who works for a hotel getting my tablecloths for me at no cost....but if that falls through, I'll definitely look into the place in Dayton.  It amazes me how much it costs to rent all of this stuff...it's almost cheaper to just buy it all!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't find them to be any less expensive than the place I am renting from here.  In fact, for floor length linens on a 6 foot table they were about $4 more a piece.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a Sawyer Hayes Bride 10/24..however we are not using chair covers either. Goodluck!

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do chair covers, but our table covers and chair ties were from linentablecloth.com.  If you watch, you can catch really great sales. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to drop a note and let you all know that I'm jealous of you girls that booked for 2010! I just got a new quote for 2011 and they've raised their rental price to $1600 and $200 for a ceremony.

I still love the place, but now the only thing that's still making me consider it is the no preferred caterer thing. We're on a budget so I'm really trying to cut down costs without compromising a beautiful wedding. Also, all of September 2011 is booked already and half of October!! This is stressing me out now...
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Birdie, don't pay more for a venue than you can afford.  There are tons of venues - you just might need to look farther out or be creative in your thinking.  It took us a while to find something we loved that was in our budget, but we did and I'm really glad we took the extra time.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards