Kentucky-Louisville

Bartenders and cake cutters!

My FI and I have finally decided to forgo the big hassle-full wedding here in Louisville and we are "eloping" in St. Lucia in November. We are still having a reception/party for 150-200 when we get back, but we are not expecting it to be as formal as a "normal" reception. That said, we are doing all the food ourselves... sandwiches, salads, chicken wings, meatballs, cheeses, fruit trays, etc. The issue is, we still are having a wedding cake and still want someone to serve it. We are also having alcohol at the reception (just wine and beer though). My questions are....does anyone know of any vendors/private vendors in the area who would be willing to be hired for only cake-cutting services? What about bartending services (just the bartender, not the alcohol; we want to be able to purchase our own alcohol but still need someone to serve it who has liability insurance).

Re: Bartenders and cake cutters!

• tncomb00tncomb00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure about the cake cutter, but I do have a solution to your bartender issue.  It is so daggone hard to find someone to do this without using their catering, but after months of searching I finally did!  Cherryredevents is the company, and Mendy Frolich is the contact.  Her email is mendy@cherryredevents.com.  They have packages where you can just hire a bartender, and they're insured.  Good luck!

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_bartenders-cake-cutters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:fdf91da7-886f-4b7e-883c-ee757dbb782fPost:85db037f-ce31-4ec0-8af0-55b50ae3a183">Re: Bartenders and cake cutters!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure about the cake cutter, but I do have a solution to your bartender issue.  It is so daggone hard to find someone to do this without using their catering, but after months of searching I finally did!  Cherryredevents is the company, and Mendy Frolich is the contact.  Her email is mendy@cherryredevents.com.  They have packages where you can just hire a bartender, and they're insured.  Good luck!
    Posted by tncomb00[/QUOTE]

Ask them about the cake service too.  If they cater, they should have servers.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards