California-Central
Options

Bakersfield-Visalia

Does anyone know of any good ceremony/reception sites in this area for a good price?

Re: Bakersfield-Visalia

• Options
    kabarcakabarca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi shroombomber! I researched many places in Bakersfield and finally found one that I liked and at a reasonable price. I'm having my reception at The Woman's Club of Bakersfield on 18th and D street. It seats about 325 guests, nice hall with wooden floors, a stage and small patio tables and chairs included. Rental deposit is 1,000 refundable and the the actual cost is 2,000. You end up paying the 3000 total however the 1,000 is refunded a week later from your event. I've seen pictures there that people have had their ceremony and reception. There is another nice place in Shafter but that one, to me, is expensive. It runs for about 4,800.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shroombomber, I'm getting married in Bakersfield in January and am having my reception at Seven Oaks Country Club. This in the only club in Bakersfield that you don't have to be a member to have your reception or ceremony there. We were able to talk to the event coordinator, Brenna, and get the grand ballroom for $1000. Because I'm having my ceremony at another location I don't know how much it would be with the ceremony there. What's included with the $1000 is the room, tables, chairs, linens, and table settings. Dinner is an additional cost, but Brenna might be willing to work with you on prices. If you need any additional information let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are several good locations in Bakersfield. -Hotels:  Doubletree Hotel on Rosedale Highway has outdoor and indoor ceremony locations and a couple of indoor reception locations.  The Four Points Sheraton on California also has several indoor/outdoor locations.  I don't know of any others hotel that have wedding facilities. -Country Clubs:  Seven Oaks Country Club is a club that you don't have to be a member at.  If you have someone that can sponser you, Stockdale Country Club and Bakersfield Country Club are both good too.  The Rio Bravo Country Club is also non-member I believe as is the Riverlakes Country Club. -Event Halls/Organization Clubs:  There is the Woman's Club as previously mentioned, the Bell Tower Club on Truxton Road, the Stockdale Tower on California Avenue, the Fox Theater on H Street.Other Locations: Moorea Banquet Centre (love this place - brand new and very pretty!).  Google it for info.If you need help on locations or vendors, let me know!  You can e-mail me at summer0fstars@aol.com.  I planned my wedding to be here in bakersfield and then moved it to Santa Barbara later so I know a lot about locations and vendors from Bakersfield.
  • Options
    shroombombershroombomber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys for the help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Visalia  there is Victorian Garden Homehttp://victoriangardenweddings.com/default.aspxKoetsier Ranch is beautiful a friend of mine had a wedding/reception therehttp://www.koetsierranch.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards