Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Officiants?

We are not very religious and are having an outdoor ceremony in State College.  Can anybody recommend an officiant?

Re: Officiants?

• Options
    bmbwtfbmbwtf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! We were in the same situation with an outside wedding and not wanting to have a religious ceremony so we opted to ask a family member to be our officiant. It was actually a pretty easy process, my brother found a website that ordanes ministers in order to perform ceremonies. It was a simple application and now we are able to design our own ceremony and keep it intimate with my brother actually marrying us! If you want this website, email me welsleytf2812@yahoo.com. Its completely ok in PA, we had it all checked into. There is also some general websites that list officiants in PA by location! Good luck Wels
    Anniversary
  • Options
    stace1814stace1814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reply!  We have considered this and still may do it, but we're worried about the fact that the officiant usually has so much experience with weddings that it would go much smoother with one.  I'm just nervous about the ceremony being awkward or something without an experienced officiant.  I might just be overthinking it though!  The fiance is all about having his brother do it, but he is the best man.
  • Options
    stace1814stace1814 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After searching for days and only running into $475 options, I finally found what I've wanted all along: the list of county officiants.  If anybody needs the list for Centre County you can find it here [url]http://tinyurl.com/y8fryln[/url]
  • Options
    bmbwtfbmbwtf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Day of planner can help take the stress out of the day and put less pressure on the party to make everything perfect so you dont have a worry in the world. Im sure whatever you decide, it will turn out just as you picture
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards