California-Central

Santa Barbara hotel recommendations.

Good Morning Ladies

I'm coming to SB in July, and I'm trying to find a nice hotel that doesn't break the bank. I would really appreciate any suggestions you ladies might have.

Thanks

Re: Santa Barbara hotel recommendations.

• edited December 2011
    July is probably going to be a difficult time of year to get a good deal on a hotel.  Fess Parker Double Tree is really nice, right on the beach (so if you're here for the fourth, you'll be able to watch the fireworks without having to drive...downtown is a zoo), and it's less pricey than say...the four seasons, but it can still be fairly expensive. 

If you are going to have a car, I would recommend staying closer to Goleta, which is directly north of Santa Barbara, to get a better deal.  I have had some relatives stay at a pretty inexpensive, but nice Ramada in Goleta, and they really liked it: http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=20803&brandInfo=RA

Otherwise, if you are going to be here a while, I would look into doing a vacation rental.  VRBO.com can have some good deals.  Good luck!  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thank You.
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome.  You might try the Los Angeles board for more hotel recommendations, but I would be happy to help with any restaurant suggestions or things to do.  I have lived in SB for most of my life, so I hope I know a few good places by now.  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • edited December 2011
    How long will you be staying?  You might want to check out VRBO and craigslist to see if you can rent a condo, apt. or house (we're doing this for our august wedding the weekend after Fiesta and it's cheaper than a hotel plus you get all the amenities of a house).  The only thing is a lot of these have weekly minimums.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards