California-Central

Be careful when choosing a vendor

Just be careful when choosing your vendors. One we used forgot over 100 candles at our reception...not one candle in the room!!!!   It made a huge difference in ambiance.   Be careful!!!  Don't let your special day be ruined.  Find a vendor who really cares about making your day special and who will do their best to make it up to you if something goes wrong!

Re: Be careful when choosing a vendor

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was your day really ruined?  Did you get married?  Did you have a good time?  I am sure it was disappointing to not have the look you were going for, but I am sure your guests enjoyed the night and it was really no big deal. 

Does this company know your screenname and that you post here?  I think it is highly unlikely they can win a lawsuit against you if they did something wrong.    Besides, the BBB is a place to file complaints against a company, and I don't think they can file a suit on that. 

I am sorry they only refunded the cost of the candles, but really that is all they should have to do if they fulfilled the rest of the bargain. 
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please keep in mind that The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly, or if an official complaint is appropriate, you may contact the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org.
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have anything to add to what CA said very well....OP, duh! When choosing a vendor, you have to read all the fine print. Yes it sucked that they didn't bring the candles, but you got married so the day wasn't ruined. Drama rama.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-central_fresno-weddings-careful?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:61Discussion:806d326f-1eea-46c3-a3fc-7d14aad2def2Post:4f1dc017-58c1-4d5d-9c1d-3d97c9004f1e">Be careful when choosing a vendor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just be careful when choosing your vendors. One we used forgot over 100 candles at our reception...not one candle in the room!!!!   It made a huge difference in ambiance.   Be careful!!!  Don't let your special day be ruined.  Find a vendor who really cares about making your day special and who will do their best to make it up to you if something goes wrong!
    Posted by cin23[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry about the candles - that would be a bummer, epecially if that was supposed to be a source of lighting during the ceremony; and likewise could have had an effect on the photography/etc.  Hopefully your photographer was able to work with the available light.  </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-central_fresno-weddings-careful?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:61Discussion:806d326f-1eea-46c3-a3fc-7d14aad2def2Post:6f23e42b-f571-4147-ba83-66d9b9f277e2">Re: Fresno weddings be careful!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please keep in mind that The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly, or if an official complaint is appropriate, you may contact the Better Business Bureau at <a href="http://www.bbb.org" rel="nofollow">www.bbb.org</a> .
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Was there a previous message that was removed per the above "subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion" comment?  Nonetheless, this press release contradicts the *moderation* you are providing.  </div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100517005042&newsLang=en" rel="nofollow">http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100517005042&newsLang=en</a></div><div><div>
    </div><div>exerpt from press release dated May 17, 2010:</div><div><span style="color:#333333;font-family:Arial;font-size:14px;line-height:18px;" class="Apple-style-span">"Bride-Friendly Unbiased Feedback. The loyal, engaged community on TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com ensures an environment where brides can continue to freely discuss and debate vendor experiences. Reviews are written by actual brides and brought to a deeper community level via community-validated reviews where TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com members can mark, moderate and comment on any review. Plus, future brides can rest assured with a "Tried + True" special distinction by brides who have actually used that particular vendor--after all, these are the most qualified of all reviews!"</span>
    </div>
    </div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cambria, the OP changed what her original post said. 

I'm not sure what you are trying to say to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards