California-Central

Waxing Recomendations in Fresno/Clovis area?

I am looking to possibly get a brazillian done. Does anyone have any recomendations? How bad does it hurt? Is it worth it? How long does it last?
Photobucket

Re: Waxing Recomendations in Fresno/Clovis area?

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to go to Taline at Pelican Beach tanning.  I know she has since moved and I think she went to Salon Del Monaco.   That is at Champlain and Perrin (I think)

http://www.salondelmonaco.com/

She was $45, but since moving I don't know if she charges more.  I have been to a few other people and I liked Taline the best. She is very efficient in getting it all.  I used to use a product called "No Scream Cream"  it had a topical anaesthetic that worked pretty well when putting it on about 30-45 minutes prior to waxing.  Now I use a spray that I got at Sally Beauty in the wax section, it is GiGi brand. 

Is it worth it?  I absolutely believe it is!  I will NEVER shave again.  I went about 2 months shaving when looking for someone new when I moved and it was awful! For me, it lasts about 6 weeks before I need to get it done again.  I think it just depends on how often you go.  It is also less painful the shorter the hair.  And the more often you get it done, the less hair starts to grow so it becomes less frequent.

Good luck! 
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Hwrd2beHwrd2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recomendations. I am gonna check it out.
    Photobucket
  • Lizzardo333Lizzardo333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The girl I used while living in Fresno/Clovis has since moved out of state, just after I left the area, so I'm not sure who's good up there now. I recommend it 100%!!! It only stings immediately but then there's ZERO pain and, as the other lady said, it lasts several weeks. I don't even notice growth for at least a week, and even then when it grows in it feels much thinner and softer and less annoying.  Good luck!
    Best wishes to you all! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ok girls thank you for this post because I have been wondering about this myself... I am also in the Fresno area so I will have to look up the girl you recommended. THANKS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a spa once (Spectrum @ Herndon/West) and although the lady did a great job, it was about $50 and wasn't any better than I can do at home.

I guess it depends on how much you want removed, I usually leave just around the labia and trim it short.  If you want to go totally bare, you might want to consider a spa if you don't have a trusted friend to help (just because it's tricky to hold the labia taught with one hand while removing the wax with the other), but basically any hair you can see while standing is easy to wax.  I buy the gigi brazilian from sally beauty and it's super easy to use, might take you a couple times to get the hang of it, but even when I forget to pre-epilation stuff occasionally it doesn't really irritate my skin.

Also, to be quite honest, your DH will be so excited that he's not going to notice a few stray hairs; guys are big picture thinkers, so if you stand back and it looks good, he won't notice. Wink
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to be brave enough to do it yourself though.  I think we have all tried it once and said NO WAY! because it was done wrong.  I now do it myself, but that's after paying attention to how the pros did it for so long, and the fact it's an hour drive to get to where they do it around here. Long ago when I tried it myself, I used the wrong stuff and it was horrible.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard that Tiffany at Muses does a great job! I know a girl that moved out of town but still comes back every six weeks to have her wax done. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards