California-Central

Avila on the beach wedding

My fiance and I are thinking about having our ceremony right on the beach in the Avila area. I was just curious if anyone had done this and if they had any recommendations on actual location and chair/decoration rental. I was also wondering if anyone knew what kind of permit I would need to pull this off. Any advice?
My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Avila on the beach wedding

• beckerz03beckerz03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't tell you much about rentals, but, at least for Pismo Beach, a permit is not needed to get married on the beach - Avila is probably the same way.

I would suggest maybe have the wedding close to the Inn at Avila Beach...around that area seems to be less crowded, maybe because it's not as close to the pier.

I would try ccwp.com for rental suggestions....I've been using the website and it really helps gives a bunch of different suggestions of places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I'll check it out!
    My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    We'll be married in Avila, ceremony on the sand. We're using Avila Lighthouse Suites and they get the permit and set up chairs and arch where ever we choose on the beach. The girls from Avila Lighthouse Suites, krysta and Kalie are wonderful and very helpful. Our reception is also being held at the suites.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards