California-Central

Average Cost of Flower/Centerpeices

I'm having a September 2010 wedding. My center pieces are a bouquet of pink/fushia lilies and white and purple roses, they are coming out to about 30$ a centerpieces, that's just paying for flowers only. Is that a normal cost? I think it's a little expensive but i'm not familiar with flower prices?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Average Cost of Flower/Centerpeices

• CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is pretty average.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did only white flowers, but including vases (we had 3 vases at each table) with different flowers in each and that cost us $30. without the vases would have only been $20. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • edited December 2011
    Mine are $40 per table including vase rental..The cost drops if we provide our own vase.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that is a pretty good price. The cheapest flower centerpieces my florist would do were $35 and they were very minimal.

We ended up saving money by using some flowers for the ceremony and the reception and also by having fewer tables. My venue provided rectangle tables for 6 people. We pushed most of them together to make tables of 10. We could seat 120 guests using 12 centerpieces instead of 20. I realize this is not an option with round tables, but I just thought I'd mention it.
  • MilleRsBestMilleRsBest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using OpenAire in SLO and they are 15-25 a piece.  Multiple sizes and a bunch of different wildflower looking flowers.  They are also doing our BP flowers for a reasonable price.
    someecards.com - What's the difference between peanut butter and jam?
  • le4hbe4hle4hbe4h member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my hairstylist recommended going to the garment district for flowers.
    her friend had 11 tables and the flowers and the vase only costed $150... and that is also including the boquets and everything else. they got the vases from ikea for real cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    THat is a very good price for wedding centerpieces. i used to work at a floral shop and that is actually on the low end for centerpieces. Good shopping!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards