California-Central

Group activity then a lunch reception the next day?

Hey everyone..I have a slightly odd situation.  My FI and I are doing a beach wedding in Santa Barbara on a Monday morning.  We're expecting about 20 people, and we want to do a restaurant reception after the ceremony.  Unfortunately, the restaurant we were looking at (Stella Mare's) is closed on Mondays.  So, we're thinking about doing a winery tour after the ceremony or some sightseeing activity, and then having the lunch reception the next afternoon before everyone leaves.  We would cover the cost of the reception lunch if people wouldn't mind covering their own expense for the tour or activity.  I would make this known so there's no surprises. 

Of course, we have to coordinate everyone's departure day before we can set this in stone, but I was wondering if this sounds like a good idea.  Also, if you have any ideas for group activities or restaurants, please let me know!
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Group activity then a lunch reception the next day?

• edited December 2011
    I think you should just do the reception lunch at a different restaurant. I don't like the idea of people going out for something right after the ceremony that they have to pay for themselves. Is there a winery nearby that does lunch?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards