Indiana-Indianapolis

Aveda Salon

Hey!  I was wondering if anyone has used the Aveda Salon or know someone who has.  I am looking into having them do mine and my bridesmaid's hair.  Thanks!

Re: Aveda Salon

• I remember when I lived there (right after it opened), it was almost impossible to get an appointment for a leg wax, so I never actually went there (the school at the mall - is that what you're asking about?)

I go to an Aveda salon in NYC now, and it's really nice and reasonable (well, for the location and the quality of the haircut)
  • Yes, I was talking about the mall but if you are going outside of an Aveda school you should have a great experience.  From my experiences the Aveda stylists are very experienced.  I would go there but the closest one would be the school for me and I don't want to do that.  I have been an Aveda user since the late 80's and strongly believe in the product and the stylist so I say you would have a great experience. 

Happy hairdo's and have a great wedding!
  • I used the Aveda Institute at the Castleton Mall for my wedding 2 weeks ago!  They were great, actually.  The price for a bride includes a trial for both hair and makeup, so you meet the person beforehand and work with them on what you want.  Even if they don't have tons of experience, there are instructors and other students that are always willing to lend a hand or give their input.  And my bridesmaids all looked great, even without a trial.  You do have to allow 3 hours for hair and makeup, but with the exception of me (b/c I changed my mind about my hair that day), everyone was done in less time than that.

Here's a pic of my hair:
  • I would highly recommend Blown Away Hair Salon which solely uses and carries Aveda. It's located in Noblesville which is a bit of a drive for me, but it's worth the trip! Their prices are very reasonable and their staff are knowledgeable and friendly. They've been great with providing style suggestions for both everyday wear and formal wear as well as bringing to life my own style preferences. I have very curly, long hair which they've helped me to strengthen and manage so if they can master my hair they can handle anyones! I've had my hair cut there for 6 years and my hair styled for formal banquets for the last 4 years. My bridal party and I have reservations this July for my wedding and I can't wait to see the results! I would suggest Jayna in particular. They have a gallery and testimonials on their website for reference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards