Indiana-Indianapolis

Simple/Inexpensive reception venue?

We are looking for a venue on the North side of Indy for a very simple and laid back reception.  We don't need anything fancy!  Any ideas? 

Maybe someplace we can bring our own food and drinks in? 

We have a very limited budget, and just want a place to celebrate with our closest family and friends. I have been searching for weeks, and just can't seem to find a place we like and can afford. I'm beginning to think we're not going to be able to pull it off for much less than $10,000, but I'm hoping someone knows of a hidden gem that I have missed!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Simple/Inexpensive reception venue?

• Have you tried the Knights of Columbus near or maybe it is in the Castleton area? How about an American Legion hall?
  • In Response to Simple/Inexpensive reception venue?:

Check out the North Side Knights of Columbus (71st & Keystone). They are very easy to work with, super affordable, and the food is great. The room is sort of blank canvas, so you can do a lot to customize it for your own wedding. I was really pleased that we had our reception there. Good luck!
  • Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll definitely check them out!

Does anyone have experience with the Delaware Township Community Center or Forum Conference Center in Fishers?  I'm still waiting to hear back from them on prices, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_simpleinexpensive-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:0848b887-72cb-4aed-96f2-e04415109b2cPost:45af955b-69e4-4373-8118-80df8b6314d4">Re: Simple/Inexpensive reception venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll definitely check them out! Does anyone have experience with the Delaware Township Community Center or Forum Conference Center in Fishers?  I'm still waiting to hear back from them on prices, etc.
    Posted by slc1029[/QUOTE]

I looked at both of these venues and their prices are the same as what is on their websites. I actually ended up booking with the Forum Conference Center.
  • The Ambassador House in Fishers (116th & Eller) allows open catering (some restrictions if you want hard alcohol served) and rents out from $1500-1900 depending on what all you want access to. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_simpleinexpensive-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:0848b887-72cb-4aed-96f2-e04415109b2cPost:45af955b-69e4-4373-8118-80df8b6314d4">Re: Simple/Inexpensive reception venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll definitely check them out! Does anyone have experience with the Delaware Township Community Center or Forum Conference Center in Fishers?  I'm still waiting to hear back from them on prices, etc.
    Posted by slc1029[/QUOTE]
    A friend of mine got married at the Delaware townshup center. She was allowed to bring her own food and alcohol. I don't know much about cost though
    August 9, 2015
  • Hendricks County Fairground Conference Center -$500
    Rent the kitchen for your own catering -$100
  • Delaware Township is $1200 for out of county.  You can bring in food/alcohol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards