Indiana-Indianapolis

Where can I get embellishments added to dress?

I fell in love with two dresses and wish I could combine the elements into one.  I purchased the higher quality dress, but would like to add some beading embellishments to the front of the skirt like the other dress had.  Has anyone done this?  I looked for pre-made beading panels to buy, but couldn't find any.  Will I need to have it all hand done by a seamstress?

Re: Where can I get embellishments added to dress?

• edited December 2011
    I fell in love with a veil I saw here on the knot, but unfortunately it was an heirloom veil.  It was everything I was looking for in a veil, so I took the photos I found of it and showed it to the seamstress that is doing the alterations.  She said that we could totally help me make that.  I went out and found some beautiful bridal lace and for less than 75 dollars I will have a 2 tier veil with imported French lace.  I would completely recommend using a seamstress to make your gown the way you want it and how you have always envisioned it.  If you need a recommendation for a seamstress, please let me know!

Hope this helps!
    Rae
  • chrissykarenchrissykaren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it!  I fell in LOVE with my dress but it had NO sparkles and I needed sparkles!  Are you in Indianapolis?  If so, go to Melissa at...

The Perfect Stitch
     8615 Southeastern Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46239
    (317) 862-8200

She did my dress, re-made my MIL's dress for my engaged SIL, and is making my bridesmaid dress for the SIL's wedding.  Competetive prices and the best work.  I used to work in fashion and would take my clothes nowhere else, no matter what!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies.  I have a seamstress in Speedway, but I haven't talked to her yet about doing my dress.  Where did you find the beading and sparkles to add to your dress?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards