Indiana-Indianapolis

Outdoor wedding help needed

We only have $2500-$3000 for everything including rings, dress/suit, ceremony and reception for a July wedding.  Found a dress at JCPenney for under $80 and will be doing own cake/cupcakes (haven't decided yet).  Friend is doing photography (I think).  This is a second marriage for me and third for him so we do not need any gifts.  Instead we are asking guests to bring side dishes for the reception.  We will provide BBQ chix, hamburgers, and hotdogs (Picnic themed in case you didn't guess) and lemonade.  Venue for reception will probably be Garfield Park.  Problem is ceremony location.  We need a place for about 100-150 people.  Thinking about just doing in all at park (sunken garden is too expensive) but having a brain freeze on ideas.  Any suggestions?

Re: Outdoor wedding help needed

• I think that Garfield park would be lovely if it fits into your budget. Depending on how much room is left in your budget you could probably rent tables (cute checked tableclothes to go with the picnic theme? Depends on how formal you want it to be) to seat that many people.
  • I would recommend Avon Gardens, but I am not sure that will fit into your price range. It is worth giving the owner a call or going to their website at avongardens dot com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards