Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

WHERE DO I BEGIN??

Hello ladies! My name is Krystal and I've been lurking for sometime but now I'm ready to get planning.  The only things I know for sure so far is wedding is in Oct 2010.  We are also on a tight budget (just like lots of others) with a large family. So I would like to get started by picking a reception site....suggest away!

Re: WHERE DO I BEGIN??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!Is there a certain side of town you are looking at?  How many people are on your guest list (or approx how many are you inviting)?Also, there is now a budget board on the knothttp://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=/Boards/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=665There are a lot of Indianapolis are girls on the Indiana board too.http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=97
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Chrissy! I would like to say I expect (at the most) 175 guests to attend. We live in Westfield and would like to find something on the North side if possible. I will also be checking out the budget board
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Southside, so no help.  Definitely post this on the Indiana board-there are some ladies from that area over there.Also, check out your local Chamber of Commerce website.
  • Options
    Luvngrl247Luvngrl247 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey PRONG79, did you go to school in Westfield? Just curious, thats where I graduated from.  Well I'm just gonna copy my last post on the one above this... I'm having my reception (and also considering the ceremony) at Hillcrest Country Club, which is off of Fallcreek. We are having about 80 people. For a buffet w/ 2 entrees and 2 sides and serving beer and wine, we are looking at roughly about 5k... I kinda got lucky on their minimum requirement of $6500. Its very beautiful and the rep there, Kelly, has been nothing but helpful. Oh and also this includes a cake. HTH!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope didnt go to Westfield high school. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Options
    shannahan84shannahan84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, Danville is sort of on the West side, but you might check out the Blanton House.  They charge $100 an hour for their gardens.  I believe people do receptions there. Also, if I was getting married when it wasn't snowy outside, I would definitely do it at Avon Gardens.  Their gardens and pavilion are fabulous.  You can do a reception there and bring in your own caterer.   
  • Options
    jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you click the link below it takes you to the Hamilton County Chamber website...they have two GREAT links for weddings.  The top box, the bridal guide, has a list of a lot of vendors.  The bottom box, the facility guide, lists a TON of places in the area as well as pricing, capacities and so on. http://8greattowns.com/content/view/26/50/
  • Options
    JAC1465JAC1465 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is downtown, but not a horrible drive from westfield....The Mavris is an amazing venue and if you are open for it you can have a wedding on Friday or Sunday for $5000 including food. When I heard Friday for the first time I immediately discarded it, but the place is so amazing that it is worth it! We are getting married there this month, they are so helpful, even give you an event coordinator to help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards