Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

New =]

Hi all! I am new to the Indiana board. I currently live in Florida but was born and raised a Hoosier. We were engaged this past March. My fiance Derrick and I will be getting married 10-2-10 in Carmel, IN. With being so far away from friends and family it would so nice to have people to talk wedding with. I guess my first wedding challenge is our colors. Originally I wanted Champagne, Black and Light Green. Well, I just found out that my FI's best friend is using Champagne in their wedding (which is 2 months before ours) and so is another couple within our social group (wedding is 3 weeks after ours). How does everyone feel about Black and Ivory? White didn't look so great on me so I am going with an Ivory dress. Ceremony and Reception will be at Oak Hill Mansion in Carmel, IN. We are using both outdoor sites. Any feed back would leave me MORE than grateful =]
?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?

Re: New =]

• Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black and ivory is fine, but remember: just because others are using champagne doesn't mean that you can't.  I'm sure they're using different colors with their champagne and are probably going for different overall looks--regardless of your colors everything will look different.  Good luck with your planning!  The next several months are going to fly by.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! You are totally right. I guess I would be using everything a different way then they are. I should have taken a moment and just processed it. It has been more than stressing to not only plan a wedding so far away but try to visualize my ideas for the location. If I had all the money I would just hire someone to do it all for me! would be so nice.
    ?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?
  • Options
    purdueamandapurdueamanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As pp said, if you really want your original colors then I say go for it.  It's your wedding and you don't want to look back and regret not doing what you wanted.I had a lot of trouble deciding on a particular color palette so I did a black and white (ivory) wedding with colorful flowers.  It turned out really beautiful, in my opinion :)One of the venues we looked at was the Oak Hill Mansion.  It was very pretty, I think you'll have a beautiful wedding there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!! I was actually at Lowes and pull some color squares (haha, felt silly when the employee ask what I was painting) Really like adding Blush with the Champagne. The other couple have decided to also do Green with the Champagne. So I found something I love so much more!! And it will be easier to work the flowers into the setting already given to us by location. Very exciting few months ahead! Dress shopping starts next month =]
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you coming up here so you can leave the dress with a parent, or are you shopping down there and bringing it with you or shipping it?
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be leaving it in Indiana. I wanted to have my mom and friends be apart of the shopping experience. I feel better having it there rather than traveling with it too. I am eyeing an Amsale gown so it looks like I might be making an extend trip up to Chicago. I know it is silly but I just have to try it on so it gets out of my system. Plus it gives me and my friends a reason to do a girls trip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have someone here locally trying to help you plan or is family doing that for you? I think you should stick to the colors you want. They will always look different at different locations and the way they are laid out during your day. I'm going with an ivory dress as well. White is just too harsh for me. Happy planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I have been doing most of the planning myself. We just moved to Florida over the summer. So I already had a pretty good idea of what and where. The ceremony and reception location have covered all the tables, chairs, food ect. I already knew who my dream photographer was so it was just a matter of getting her. (Jessika Feltz). My FMIL (she is fabulous at this stuff and blew my mind for our engagement party) covering all the flowers, decor and booking the ceremony player & dj. I found a great place online that does carmel apples.. really fancy ones. I feel more comfortable ordering them from a business then asking people back home to do it for me. Just doesn't seem right since I will not be there to help. It is a really exciting thing!! I find myself telling my FI 'HEY GUESS WHAT??!! WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!" =]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards