Indiana-Indianapolis

invitation kits

me and my fiance went to michael's and hobby lobby to look at wedding stuff. I saw wedding invitation kits and they seem like a good idea. Has anyone tried them? Are they a good idea?

Re: invitation kits

• angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used one of the kits for my invitations.  I got nothing but compliments.  Everyone thought we had someone special design them for us!!!  I even printed them myself...I have heard of many brides taking them to staples to be printed.

With that said...I had about 3 emotional break downs over them because they took SOOOO long to print and assemble.  We're talking about 40 hours for 110 invitations. 

I got the pocket invitations...so there was just a lot of pieces that needed to be put together.  One of the more simple invitation kits would probably take much less time.
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to use these, but on the suggestion of my maid of honor, her husband (an underappreciated graphic designer) did a mock up of a save the date for me and I had them printed at Discount Copies in Noblesville, about $26 for 90 invites 8.5x5.5 and the envelopes to go with them!  We are having him make a mock up for the invites too and planning to have them printed again.  It was much cheaper than buying $50-$75 worth of printables and paying for extra ink for our printer at home! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards