Indiana-Indianapolis

George Street Photo?

Hi,  I was wondering if anyone has used or known someone that has used George Street Photo & Video??  We are thinking about using them but would like to get some sort of review on them.  Thanks

Re: George Street Photo?

• amawilcoamawilco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used them, but I requested more information from them through here, and every other day I get a phone call from them. We went with Daymaker Photography. They gave us an excellent package for the price and their photos are beautiful. I'm waiting to get my engagement photos back but when we shot them the photographer was awesome and so much fun to work with. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I've been getting massive amounts of phone calls and emails from them as well.  I'll have to check out Daymaker.  Thanks so much!

• edited December 2011
    I just had my engagement pictures done by a photographer through George Street!!  I am impressed.  Their central office is in Chicago and they started a studio here in Indy about a year ago.  They have many photoraphers as independent contractors, have representatives who work with you to find the best photographer for the type of look you're hoping for, and have coordinators.  They also have videographers, if you choose to have that option.

Photography is the biggest thing for me for my big day, so I spent a lot of time figuring out who I wanted.  The prices are on par with all other's in Indy.  We are paying 2,000 for an extensive package that includes: 1 lead photographer for unlimited hours in unlimited locations, a 2nd photographer for 6 hours, unlimited photos, exclusive rights to all photos, all photos on disc within 4-6 weeks after wedding, all photos online for ordering, all photos in color, blck & white and sepia, an on-site photography coordinator for the wedding day, a leather bound personalized album, a whole bunch of other stuff I can't remember, and then our choice of a 5x7 canvas of one of our pictures or in-studio engagment photos. We chose the canvas, and added off-site engagement for $350, which lasted 2 hours with unlimited locales and pictures.  All photography include travel for 90 miles, starting from either downtown Indy or their studio on the northside, I forget.  They had another package for $1,300 that has 1 lead photographer for unlimited hours in unlimited locales with unlimited pictures, exclusive rights to all photos, all photos online, all photos in the 3 formats, the album, and some other stuff.  You can add a 2 photographer for $500 (I think) for 6 hours.

Their process for finding your photographer is interesting.  You take a style test, which tells them your specific favorite wedding day style.  Mine & FH's was Classic Photojournalistic with a touch of romantic.  They take this and choose 4 photographers' portfolios to show you when you meet with them in their studio.  You pick which one you like, or arrange another meeting where you're shown more portfolios.

One thing I thought was weird was that you aren't given contact info to reach your photographer in person right away.  Instead, you field all questions through the coordinator.  If you get engagement pictures, you then get to meet with and speak directly to the photographer.  I'm not sure how that works if you don't get engagement pictures.

All of their photographers do the Photojournalistic style, with different degrees of formality, posing, etc.  The main difference was the artistic flair and how they directed everyone to act in some of their pictures.

Our photographer is Mark L.  We had our engagement pictures taken at the War Memorial Garden and the Central Library downtown.  He had great ideas for poses and looks, he was extremely personable, and had an obvious passion for photography, along with years of experience.  He told us George Street treats him wonderfully. I feel so perfect with how the company operates and I like how they helped us look at many great photographers at the same time.

If you have anymore questions, please ask.  This and the venue were two of my biggest concerns/wishes for my day, so I researched venues and photographers a lot.

And I tell you what.  After having many venues and vendors not contact me at all after trying many times to reach them, I would rather have someone who responds right away and checks up on me.  it may be annoying, but at least you know they are THERE and you don't have to run over fifty people to get them to talk to you!!  As long as it's not harrassment.  That would just be weird.
  • edited December 2011
    PS they are the Knot's choice for 2010 & 2011.  That's why I researched them more extensively than others
  • amawilcoamawilco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of research as well into George Street. They just didn't fall into my price range. They keep calling me even though I told them I booked someone else :/ PP.....

My photographer gave me an amazing package and I loved working with him. My package for 6 hours (4:30pm-10:30/11:00pm) is $1290, and included is the engagement photos (50 or so), a matted framed engagement photo for people to sign at the wedding, 2 photographers, a disk for both the wedding and engagement photos (seperate for each obviously lol, and he is also giving us a coffee table book of our wedding photos and a printed copy of all the photos we're taking. If your "ballin' on a budget" I definitly recommend hitting him up!

I'm very happy George Street worked out for you bells, like I said, they just weren't fitting into my budget.  I agree, I would love to have more communication than not enough. Its a couples most important day and it should be special.
  • edited December 2011
    That is a great deal!!  I looked at your photog's website, too, and they do great work.  Those prices are exceptional for the Indy area, especially with the photo rights...those rights are what seemed to increase fees.  You go, girl!!
  • You should check out http://www.kmcontemporaryportraits.com her pictures are great and prices couldn't be better....and she is so super sweet!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CAREFUL!!!! WE HAVE THEM...and thus far aren't impressed. I actually pretty much hate all of our e-pics except for a small handful. Our wedding is in May and we have thought about breaking our contract on several occasions.

Here's how they work: you don't meet your photog until the day of and you don't get to pick your e-pic photog. Their photog quality has a HUGE range...so be careful here. Some are good, some...not so much.  And your e-pic photog may or may not be your wedding photog...over all if I would have known about all the problems we're having with them we would have gone with someone else!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards