Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

West side rehearsal dinner...suggestions???

I'm getting married on the west side of town, and I'm looking for a rehearsal dinner site for 25ish people around Avon or Plainfield.  So far internet searches have yielded Rick's Cafe Boatyard and Charbono's.  Does anyone have any experience with either or these restaurants, or have any other suggestions?  We're not tied to a certain cuisine or level of formality.  Thanks!

Re: West side rehearsal dinner...suggestions???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Stonecreek.

I've been to Rick's a couple times.  It's a neat place, especially in the warmer months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's always Papa Joe Jr's in Avon & Stone Creek in Plainfield. I haven't had an partys at those place but I love there food!
  • Options
    amatusiakamatusiak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rick's has a room private room upstairs & is resonably priced. They also run a boat in the summer & do not charge a fee. Gratuities are expected though. It's a nice perk for the guests. I considered having my reception there. 
  • Options
    aatansyaatansy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My rehearsal dinner is going to be at the Coachmen in Plainfield and I hear it is really good food.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rick's would be fun.  I live right by there.  If it's warm out for your rehearsal dinner, then out by the lake would be beautiful.  Other than that, I don't know of any nice dinner places out here.  The next closest locations would be downtown Indy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I regularly dine at Charbonos, it's my fiance's favorite Italian restaurant, and have been to Ricks several times for dinner and a rehearsal dinner.  Charbonos has excellent food and a very intimate atmosphere.  The only negative is it's location; it's at the end of a strip mall which doesn't relaly fit with the vibe inside the restaurant  Ricks has a very nice room on the upper level that is perfect for your group size.  A friend had a buffet style rehearsal dinner here and it turned out great!  I agree with other posts on Ricks having a great atmosphere during the warmer months so would recommend it over Charbonos for sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Rick's, we had ours at Boulder Creek in Brownsburg.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards