Indiana-Indianapolis

Primo banquet center or Columns ballroom

Has anyone ever had a reception at Primo Banquet Center in indianapolis? or Columns ballroom in Greenwood? If so was there a catering minimum? It doesn't state it online but I liked the menu prices so I'm just wondering if there is a insanely high catering minimum because of it. Any reviews for either place would be appreciated...thanks!

Re: Primo banquet center or Columns ballroom

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about the main Primo center, but we used Primo South for our prom when I was in high school. I can't tell you about the pricing because I wasn't on the committee, but the food left a lot to be desired if I remember correctly. Just wanted to give your a heads up before you sign on with them. See if you can get a tasting.
  • hjay07hjay07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually been to weddings at both and I think the food is comparable- Primo changed ownership not too long ago and from what I've heard it's gotten better since. I believe their minimum per person is $17.95 for Saturdays, and at least 50 guests at that price.

Edit: to be clear, I was referring to Primo South, sorry!

• edited December 2011
    thanks we chose Primo south!
  • mfoster5mfoster5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my reception at Primo's Banquet Hall on the southside. I have had nothing but compliments about food. Price is great because they have been there so long they have their own catering service and bartenders. they set up and tear down everything for you. They are extremely accomidating, I had nothing but excellent service.Laughing
  • edited December 2011

went to an event at the Primo in Plainfield recently and several people that worked with the staff there said they were great when getting the booking but not as nice to work with afterward - just my 2 cents

• edited December 2011
    thanks MrsFtobe!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards