Indiana-Indianapolis

Wedding Planner

Just got done with my appointment with my wedding planner. I picked out the invitations verses, napkin color, and centerpieces. It is all coming together for my June wedding. I even got a fitting for my formal dress I am wearing to the prom at the Murat next Friday night and she should have it hemmed by Thursday. Didn't think I needed a planner but it sure is nice to have someone that thinks up all the little things I would probably only think of when it would be panic mode time. Also nice to know what trends are and advice in general of the wedding and reception. Almost forgot, my planner and alteration person is Marie Frey at www.f--c-c-i.com.

Re: Wedding Planner

• edited December 2011
    So it has been worth the cost for you? I just started planning for Sept. 2012. I am unsure about getting a planner or not ...
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:716f80fd-73e6-419b-99ac-88644a43bb7ePost:78c8301a-8abb-485d-a490-8315df1b17bf">Re: Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]So it has been worth the cost for you? I just started planning for Sept. 2012. I am unsure about getting a planner or not ...
    Posted by cmk46202[/QUOTE]
    I don't think having a planner is necessary.  However, I would definitely recommend a day of coordinator.
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As for if a planner is necessary, well, the only things truly necessary are a bride, groom, officiant and a witness. However it being the celebration that it is, it helps to have someone in the know who has seen just about everything possible in regards to weddings and receptions. I am lucky because I am trading some services with my planner so the cost will be minimal for me. Though I am an older bride, I am going to school full time and because of my schedule and saturated brain, it is nice to have someone help me stay on track with the timeline.  If you are wondering what they can do for your wedding planing, you can always talk with someone to find out the cost and what they can do for you. Best of luck with your planning.

• edited December 2011
    If either of you need a photographer! Check out www.nvisiblephoto.com!
  • edited December 2011
    I hired a planner that bases her fees off of your budget.  That way I could get exactly what I need.  her name is Shynelle, and her email address is innovation@qualityservice.com.  Tell her Amber from March 2012 sent you :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I am a wedding planner/coordinator and I think it depends on how available you are and how comfortable you feel doing wedding related items.  Some brides are more in the know then others and they feel more comfortable having someone help them out.  I would love to help you out, feel free to email me deeodum5@gmail.com
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deeodum5: You aren't allowed to post your business on the boards, however; if you want to advertise on here, you can but it will cost you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards