Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

Bachelorette Party!

I am planning a bachelorette party in Indy for my older sister.
It will be in mid-late August.
We are on a really tight budget.
She is actually getting married in Southeast Wisconsin but I live in Indy so were all meeting there.
Im excited but I am running short on ideas.
The only one I have in mind is a picnic along the riverwalk and then a sleepover with a love movie, icecream, fondu..etc.
My question for that idea would be wheres a good spot for a picnic?
and then if anyone has any other ideas that are budget friendly please share.
Thanks!
:)
Arielle

Re: Bachelorette Party!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you're wanting to stick to downtown Indy or not, but Butler campus has some beautiful Gardens (Holcomb Gardens) that's open to the public that you could take a picnic to, it's actually where we did our engagement photos. Or Holliday Park would also be nice.

You could also have a picnic on the steps at the circle by the monument if you're wanting to stay downtown downtown. Then you could walk to the riverwalk, maybe see if you can find discount tickets to the zoo or something?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    good ideas.
    thanks!
  • Options
    jpharisjpharis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, some local wineries have nice picnic areas and to picnic there is free. I think of Oliver Winery being one of those.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holcomb gardens are beautiful! I think there are areas at the Indianapolis Art Museum gardens where you can picnic, too.  
    You could go on a photo scavenger hunt. Give each team a camera, a driver, and a list..."a honeymoon item"..."a housewarming item"..."something for the wedding night"... Then you could scrapbook the pictures with ones from the rest of the evening into a bachelorette memories book. 
    Or a dollar store scavenger hunt, give each group $5 and tell them to find a honeymoon themed gift that's as creative as possible. (once my husband did this with a friend for Christmas and he gave him a gardening kit complete with toy gun for pest control...)
    Have fun! 
    -Kendall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards