Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

I need suggestions for church???

I just got engaged and am starting the overwhelming process of finding a venue.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced church in the northern indianapolis area or surrounding suburbs? 

Re: I need suggestions for church???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should probably mention what denomination you're looking for, and you might get more responses. GL!
  • Options
    angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did quite a bit of "church shopping" in the area.  FI and I wanted to actually join the church we were getting married in.

First, we went to a Presbyterian Church on Meridian (probably around 70-something and Meridian).  It's a massive, stone church.  Very gothic looking.  They have the sanctuary and a chapel.  The sanctuary has no center aisle, and the chapel was a little too gothic looking for our taste, so we passed.

We then tried a few churches farther north.  We went to East 91st street church but that church was not pretty at all.  It was like what you think of when you see churches on tv.

We tried a church at 131st and Gray...I can't remember the name of it.  There is a Lutheran church across the street.  We absolutely loved the minister, but again, it was just not what we were looking for from a church.  No pews, no decor at all...very understated.

We ended up going to St. Marks Methodist Church next and thats where we finally chose to get married :).  We love the minister, and it is very pretty inside.  It has beautiful wood ceilings and a wood pulpit with a agorgeous organ.  There are pews with bright red fabric (one of our colors).  There are pretty understated chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.  We really loved the location and the congregation!

Our next stop was going to be the United Methodist Church on 126th and Rangeling in Carmel.  It has that "plantation" look to the outside so we were hoping for a beautiful inside, too.

There is a very sm all church on Allisonville and 131st that has beautiful stained glass windows on the outside that we were also going to check out but ended up just really loving St. Marks so we didn't.

Hope all of this helps!
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards