Indiana-Indianapolis

Bridal Superstore/Posey Patch

I recently made an appointment at the Bridal Superstore and had a terrible experience!  I took 2 of my bridesmaids with me.  I had also seen some bad reviews on here but decided to give them a chance.  Right away I was turned off.  Only the saleswoman helping you can go into the fitting room to get you into the dress.  They have beautiful dresses, but you are given only 5 hangtags when you get there and you put those on the dresses you want to try on.  They go by fast!  When asked if I could try on more than 5, I was told only if I hurry before her next appt got there.  Otherwise, I'd have to make a new appt.  Also, NO PHOTOS!  So if you find a dress you like, better remember it!

Even after being a bit turned off by all the rules, my bridesmaids and I found one in the 5 we all liked.  Then we continued to look around the store (where we were the only customers on a Tues afternoon) when we were YELLED AT for "touching every dress" because "your hands are dirty."  I actually suggested we leave at that point.  We are grown girls about to pay good money for their dresses.  Didn't deserve a scolding like a dirty child running around rubbing our hands all over dresses.  If they don't want brides touching their dresses, I suggest they put them in garment bags like most other stores.  Will NOT go back or recommend to any friends!

Re: Bridal Superstore/Posey Patch

• That sucks you had a bad experience!  I had a FANTASTIC experience there and have definitely recommended them to a lot of people.  My consultant was Melanie and she was terrific.  After I tried on the 5 I had picked out, she went and found other dresses for me to try on based on what I had said I liked and disliked about the other dresses.  She actually picked dresses IN my budget and helped me find my eventual wedding dress.  Another store also only let me select a few dresses to try on and would not let me take pictures.  Unfortunately, I think that is pretty common in the wedding industry...unless you go to David's Bridal.  Sophia's Bridal also kept pulling dresses WAY over my budget and not telling me the price until I had the gown on.  Horrible experience there!  I hope  you have better luck elsewhere!
    September 2012: Invitations

• I'm sorry you had a bad experience. :( You should write reviews on their Google/Facebook/Angie's List pages. 

I bought my gown at Lucy's Bridal -- the ladies there are SUPER sweet, attentive, and have a great selection of dresses.

Good luck! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Had a similar experience. They are so rude there!! Don't see how they stay open with that kind of service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_bridal-superstoreposey-patch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:be9bb4c3-e59f-4a01-a544-1d29a9d5caf4Post:b4a92f50-71fd-4d2d-98fc-113a9a9711d0">Bridal Superstore/Posey Patch</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recently made an appointment at the Bridal Superstore and had a terrible experience!  I took 2 of my bridesmaids with me.  I had also seen some bad reviews on here but decided to give them a chance.  Right away I was turned off.  Only the saleswoman helping you can go into the fitting room to get you into the dress.  They have beautiful dresses, but you are given only 5 hangtags when you get there and you put those on the dresses you want to try on.  They go by fast!  When asked if I could try on more than 5, I was told only if I hurry before her next appt got there.  Otherwise, I'd have to make a new appt.  Also, NO PHOTOS!  So if you find a dress you like, better remember it! Even after being a bit turned off by all the rules, my bridesmaids and I found one in the 5 we all liked.  Then we continued to look around the store (where we were the only customers on a Tues afternoon) when we were YELLED AT for "touching every dress" because "your hands are dirty."  I actually suggested we leave at that point.  We are grown girls about to pay good money for their dresses.  Didn't deserve a scolding like a dirty child running around rubbing our hands all over dresses.  If they don't want brides touching their dresses, I suggest they put them in garment bags like most other stores.  Will NOT go back or recommend to any friends!
    Posted by Kcguerrero[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I had an awful experience as well. I went in telling them exactly what type of dress I wanted and instead of helping me find that, they gave me 5 hang tags and a general overview of the store. I received ZERO help in actually finding the type of dress I wanted. And once I actually got into a 6th dress that was closer to what I liked, I asked if they had anymore like this, and my attendant said "yes, lots, but we'll have to make another appointment because we're closing." BTW...no one else in the store. It was awful. Never again, never again.</div>
  • chuckle....chuckle.....chuckle..... my daughter and I had the same experience with Super-stinky Store.... my daughter is a tall, plus sized, highly educated young lady.  The saleswoman helping us said, "We don't carry your size; it can be ordered and then altered, but you've got lots of time to lose weight before your wedding day."   I told the woman, "See the hump on her back?  She's got Cushings Disease and this is her size."  We left and found her gown at David's!
  • I'm an out of town bride, but went to Posey Patch with FMIL and FSIL based on my wedding planner's recommendation. (Side Note: I would NEVER ever recommend this planner to anyone and may be about to fire her.) I was surprised that for being such a large store, they really didn't have much of what I was looking for. I was expecting them to have a great selection of varying styles! But they didn't. The lady who helped me was fine - not mean or impolite - but she certainly wasn't friendly and didn't give two beeps that I was there. I don't know if she ever really smiled. We didn't have issues with people yelling at us for touching dresses and looking around. I agree that it's a lame policy that you cannot take photos, but this isn't the only shop where I found that restriction. Not a place I'd recommend, but not so horrible that I'd put it on the dump list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards