Indiana-Indianapolis

Finding a Gown in Indy

Hey everyone!

I'm going to go dress shopping next week, but I need some recommendations of good spots to find a dress around here!

I was thinking of starting at the Bridal Superstore by Posie Patch...seems like it's reasonably priced with a good variety.

I'd like to try David's Bridal because it's so easy, but I've heard nightmares about others around the country. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences there??

Any other recommendations or places to definitely avoid? My budget is $1500.

Thanks in advance!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finding a Gown in Indy

• edited December 2011
    something borrowed something new, in broadripple!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Davids, Demetrios, Posie Patcha, and bought my dress at Something Old Something New in Pendleton.

My biggest rec is that if you make appointments on Saturday, then don't get your panties in a bunch when the stores are busy and not able to give as much of a "personal" touch to your appt. I read bad reviews on most sites for some of the stores I visited, but when I went during the week the service I got was great, and I was often one of the only ones in the store. So just be realistic about Saturday service going in and you'll be great!

I liked posie patch a lot when I went. Lots of dresses to choose from :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'd try Sophia's...a friend of mine got her gown there and loved it, and the ones I've seen in pictures are gorgeous.  And their gowns max out around $1500, so it's right in your budget.  GL!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress on Saturday at Sophia's in Greenwood!  My consultant was very friendly and helpful.  It's a cute "boutique" style store, and the dresses were under $2000 and beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I have had bad expriences with David's Bridal as well.  Their dresses look kind of cheap, too.  I found my gown at Sophia's Bridal in Greenwood.  I worked with Laurel.  She gave me lots of personal attention.  She really listens to what sort of styles you like.  It should be in your budget for the dress, too.

Another reason why I like Sophia's so much is because their dresses are different than most other bridal shops.  The dresses are beautiful and unique.

Another place to try is Bliss Boutique in Brownsburg.  I went there and they were also nice and accommodating.
    I can't wait to marry my best friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lburgauerlburgauer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can get a dress at Brides by Demetrios at under $1500, no problem. I have been satisified with my experience. Keep in mind alterations will be anywhere from $200-400, so if you want that to stay under the $1500 that is good to know!

• alheckeralhecker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bought mine at Sophia's.  Excellent experience so far and they have BEAUTIFUL gowns :)

• heathert1981heathert1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to make the trip to Pendleton there is a geat shop called somthing new something old. Very friendly and very helpful. Great selection!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal and had a horrible experience. My consultant did not tell me locations of the type of dress i wanted and I had to pick out the dresses I wanted to try on, which is EXTREMELY difficult when you dont know which section to be looking in and they pretty much all look the same on the hangars to me.. Anywho, she helped me get the dress on and the just walked away. There was one dress I was in for over 30 minutes bc my consultant was no where to be found. Another bride's consultant actually stepped in and helped me get out of the dress and went and got accessories if i asked. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I actually went to Columbus, Indiana and got my dress at That Special Touch. They had EXCELLENT customer service and prices. I think I spent about 3 1/2 hours there trying on dress after dress (obviously there were no appointments around my time slot) but the consultant never got frustrates or rushed me. She also suggested several styling options to go with my dress and showed me what could be special ordered if I wanted.  i got a Maggie Sottero dress for &1200 that I've seen advertised for over $1500 in other bridal salons. They have Maggie Soterro, Madeline Gardner, Ella, Allure and essence of Australia gowns there. They are a very small store so I would definitely make an appointment in case they are busy, But the owner and consultants there are fabulous! HIGHLY RECOMMEND even though its a little bit of a drive.
  • kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bliss Boutique in Brownsburg was AWESOME. The consultants can be as hands on or off as you want! And a lot of the dresses are reasonably priced. I think they are having a trunk show soon too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards