Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

need a venue for 12000 or less

I was going to go with the hawthorns country club, but the event manager has been rude and hard to work with... so now i am at square one, i have about 175 guests and need a venue around 12000 after gratuity/tax (OR LESS) thanks in advance

Re: need a venue for 12000 or less

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Hawthorns. I agree...the event manager is very snooty. I had reservations about her but went ahead and signed up for it anyway...I'm just praying everything goes well! I looked at a lot of places, so if you let me know what side of town you'd like to have it on, I can tell you some of the places I looked at and my impressions of them (I was looking for something around the same guest size and budget as you). 
    *I'm officially a married lady!*
  • Options
    kdlopez1631kdlopez1631 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am open for any side of town- and I hope you have a much better experience than I did. Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are booked @the palomino ballroom in Zionsville.  Kelly has been great to work with.  You should check them out.  My name is Krystal if you have any questions you can PM me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Mansion at Oak Hill - Didn't like the fact that there most likely would be another wedding going on on the other side of the ballroom (they split it in half). I think it's way overdone buuut the lady is really nice and really works with you and your budget.

Ritz Charles - Overdone but rightfully so. The Garden Pavillion there is really pretty. Was really looking into going with them but I had issues getting ahold of the lady.

Addagio's - This is way out on the east side of town, but it was nice and decently priced. The lady there was also very helpful and was willing to throw in all sorts of freebies.

Fort Harrison State Park Inn - If you are thinking about having your wedding outside I definitely would recommend looking here. They have a gorgeous long patio that overlooks the golf course and state park. Then they have a big ballroom with big windows overlooking the patio. The guy there is really nice and helpful.

The Sanctuary (Zionsville) - Love love loved this place, but way too small for that many guests.

I hope that helps out some. Your best bet is to just start emailing places and they will send u a pricing brochure. That's how I weeded out all of the pricey ones. Let me know if you have any questions or anything! Good luck!
    *I'm officially a married lady!*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Atlanta Banquet Hall.....small town but close to Indy. You can even take the train there.  They have a wedding package available for around $10,000.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding and reception at Laurel Hall. It's beautiful and there are no other events there that day but yours. You can have the ceremony indoors or outdoors. It cost about $5000. That doesn't include the catering.

http://www.laurel-hall.org/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am booked at Blu Falls in Pendleton.  It is gorgeous and the girl there, Valerie, is super nice and thus far easy to work with!!  They have a website but most of their pictures of the venue are on facebook...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you to avoid the Riverwalk in Broad Ripple.  My wedding was there in June.  The place is falling apart.  The toilet overflowed, the pipes in the roof were leaking on my guests, and the air conditioner was broken.
  • Options
    htgchtgc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You should check out Harbour Trees Golf Club in Noblesville.  Beautiful lakeside/ first tee setting and the food is fabulous! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards