Indiana-Indianapolis

Ritz Charles Garden Pavillion

Hi knotties!
Does anyone know if there is a food & beverage minimum if u book the garden pavillion? I've heard conflicting answers. I've sent an email inquiry a few weeks ago and have yet to hear back from them.
I have a small guestlist of 60 people, so I'm not looking to pay a minimum that would equal having 2x my guestlist. :(
Any help would be soooo graciously appreciated! Thanks so much! :)

Re: Ritz Charles Garden Pavillion

• vicki0508vicki0508
    1000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure there is not.  My reception is in two weeks and there has never been any mention of a minimum.  I'm only having a little over 100 guests and picked one of the cheaper packages with no upgrades.  They are very flexible in cutting things out to save me some money, too.

For instance, no strawberry on cake plate saves $1.50 per person.  No champagne toast saves another $1.50.  I have found them very pleasant to work with.

There is a fee to use the site.

The woman who coordinates the Pavilion is on vacation until next week and isn't answering emails until she gets back.

You should be able to call them up and get a quick, definite answer, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for responding! :) Congrats on your upcoming wedding! The pictures of the paviliion at night look beautiful. Its just what I'm looking for. I'm assuming you can add decor. Chinese lanterns hanging, uplighting, etc. I'll wait til next week then to give her a call. Is the site fee pretty reasonble? Thanks! :)
  • Nikki71Nikki71
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I spoke with someone from the Ritz Charles and I DO believe there is a minimum!  Just be careful, in my inquiry I was quoted for the ballroom instead of that beautiful glass house-looking area.  I believe its more expensive in that area than the ballroom.  Also, they are booking FAST!  I'm interested in September of 2012 and they only have one Saturday left that month!
  • vicki0508vicki0508
    1000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is a minimum for the ballrooms, not for the pavilion.  I don't remember the fee to use the pavilion (maybe there isn't one and I'm confusing it with the chapel?)  I know for sure it's $1500 to use the chapel.

I would definitely call them up sooner rather than later if you're looking at April.  Someone will be able to at least tell you their availability and answer some basic questions.
  • purdueamandapurdueamanda
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I'm kind of late to the post but when I had my reception in the Garden Pavilion 2 years ago, there was a $7500 food and beverage minimum. Contact Jessica (if she's still there).  She was excellent to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to thank everyone for their help on info for this location! I finally got the info directly from them. Unfortunately there IS a minimum in place now for the garden pavillion, and it is $7500 for guestlists of 174 and less. The cordinator seems really nice, so if anyone is planning on a budget of that size, might be an option for you. Our guest list is less than 65 so this sadly isn't an option for us now. :( I guess I'm back on the hunt for venue/ceremony. :(
  • Nikki71Nikki71
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    The Indianapolis Yacht Club is a good reception venue and is affordable!  Believe it or not, the Columbia Club is fairly affordable too (though food is kind of expensive) & gorgeous!
  • Hi everyone... my fiancé and I are getting married on June 22. We love everything about the Garden Pavilion... except that it is not air conditioned. The people who work there say they have June weddings there every year and that with the doors open and fans going, it's usually not a big deal. Did any of you have your weddings there in the summer? What was the temperature like? Is it worth continuing to look at this venue for a late June wedding or are we just going to end up with sweaty guests? Any help would be much appreciate d!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards