California-Tahoe

South Lake Outdoor Location to Elope?!?

We're thinking of sneaking off to South Lake in late May and eloping. Looking for a great beach/lakeside location (for great photos) that's affordable and stunning...just the two of us (and the officiant and photographer). Any location suggestions? 

Thanks, Ladies! 

Re: South Lake Outdoor Location to Elope?!?

• We used Round Hill Pines Beach. I fell in love with the location the first time we ever visited! The branches were rented from Lavish Floral.
    Photo credit: Aravaggio Photography-Dallas, TX
    Photobucket
  • There are a ton of places to get married around the lake, it really depends on your style; meadow, lake, waterfall, etc. In May you might have to still deal with it snowing or at the least, snow on the ground. 

There's Mile Marker 51 (literally just a mile marker on the side of the road) in Emerald Bay that overlooks the entire bay. It's gorgeous, but can get pretty crowded and it's usually first come, first serve. 

Round Hill Pines beach like Tami wrote above (Hi Tami!), Secret Beach, Fallen Leaf Lake (I've photographed several small weddings here)... even Angora Lake if you want something unique. 

Hope that helps!
    Jaime
  • thanks for the tips, ladies! i'll look into everything suggested! 
  • How exciting! We are eloping in April. I was totally clueless since i have never been to lake tahoe. I hired some to do my photos and from there he helped me put it together since he lives in the area! There are many package deals that we looked into. However we ended up just hiring and minister and photographer since it only the two of us and they helped SO MUCH! My suggestion it to as your photographer if you have one, because they know how to make pieces of art, and know all the pretty places!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards