Canada-Ontario

Looking for brides getting married at the Argonaught Rowing Club

Hi there
I am looking for other bridge who are getting married at the argonaught rowing club.  I want to share pictures and decor ideas.  Let me know if there is anyone else out there.

Heather, I've got you on my list :)
Monique

Re: Looking for brides getting married at the Argonaught Rowing Club

• LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha I was gonna be like  ME ME! then I saw my name!

I haven't found many girls getting married there. One or two on another forum but don't really go on it often.
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Heather!  I guess it is just you and I!!!!
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's okay! It'll be nice and unique then! :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is one other girl getting married there on this board, but I can't remember who! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi LIttlin,
    Hopefully she comes forward to swap info :)

ps. your honeymoon destination pic looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!
    I want to go on honeymoon right now
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the ARC in October.  I have found information on it hard to find, so I am excited to swap ideas with you!  I like that it has the floor-to-ceiling windows, and the paper lanterns above the patio door.

I think we're going to also get married there, as it would be to difficult to move our grandparents to multiple locations.  I was thinking of getting married in the early evening by candlelight around the fireplace, but my fiance wants to do it during the day so we can get outdoor photos taken.

Speaking of photos, where are you going to get your pics done?  My fiance wants to go to the CNE, but I am worried that will be cheesey.
  • 4eversmiling4eversmiling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls!
    I was just looking at the argonauts website and loved it! Do you think they are already booked up for this September? I just sent an email and am going to call tomorrow to see what's available. 

Where does the sun set? Do you think there will be a nice sunset over the water? 

What ideas do you girls have for the decorating? I am kind of a simple girl, so i wasn't thinking of doing too much. It looks clean and crisp. I have to change all my ideas because my FH and i were planning on a January wedding, but now are getting married this September. Winter Wonderland theme won't really go anymore... =) 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies, I was just checking out the website and it looks beautiful. I was wondering how much the actual hall is to rent? can you bring in your own caterer? do they have a bar or do you have to rent a service?
    May 2011 March Siggy: Our Venue~ Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Sarah & Geoff~ May 14th, 2011
  • 4eversmiling4eversmiling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Sarah!
    If you send them an email they will send you an information thing. You can bring in your own caterer. They have a licensed bar/lounge. There are different guidelines if you use them or bring in your own drinks.

It fits 200 for a dinner. The price ranges from $800-2000 depending on your date and time. Basically the weekend costs are 1200 (April - December) or 900 from Jan - March.

Hopefully that helps out a bit! Have fun looking! =)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there
    sorry for not seeing this sooner.  Keep in touch I would love to swap info.  We are getting married in October as well.  I just had a thought of taking pictures at Old Fort York....as an indoor venue.....other than that, Humber bridge, CNE grounds, Union station...those are my favourites.  Maybe on King St if we can get the timing right.  Hopefully we can just use the surrounding area for pics if the weather is nice.  there are also boats at the other end of the parking lot.  I thought I would ask someone nicely if we could use their boat tee hee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards