Canada-Ontario

Unique and cheap venues in Mississauga/West Toronto

Hi everyone,

I've been engaged 1 week today, (!!!)  and am starting to casually look for venues in the Mississauga (ideal) or West Toronto (will settle) region. 

I'm picturing somewhere with nice outdoor space (we're thinking a tent reception), and preferably something along the lines of a historical house, barn, museum or charming farm. Anything unique.

We'll need to be able to seat anywhere from 150 - 200.

Thoughts? 

Re: Unique and cheap venues in Mississauga/West Toronto

• edited December 2011
    Hi Lizzy246, my FI and I were in the exact same place as you were not too long ago. We wanted a tented event, preferably lakeside and in TO or west of.
    In researching, we found lots of lakeside venues but I don't think they fall in the 'unique' category so that won't help you.

We met Chris MacLellan from Affair Rentals at a bridal show a few weeks ago and I think he is your man to contact. His company, Affair Rentals specializes in tented events and work with many different venue vendors with plots of land that are lakeside and hidden gems.

Here is his contact info:

Chris MacLellan
    Managing Director

chris@affair-rentals.com
    www.affair-rentals.com

905-795-1600

1146 Cardiff Blvd.
    Mississauga, ON L5S1P7

Good luck!!!
  • Lizzy246Lizzy246 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, jckitty, we're going to check it out ASAP!

What did you end up deciding on?
  • edited December 2011
    We actually ended up booking The Riverstone Golf & Country Club because not only did it  offer us a great package but we get to have our ceremony and cocktail reception outside on beautiful grounds. Funny how we wound up there but we're happy we did. We'll see how things turn out! Our wedding isn't till this August.

Good luck and keep me posted on what you find!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards