Canada-Ontario
Options

bea shawn bridals

Hi all, has anyone bought a dress from bea shawn bridals in brampton?? i have been looking for dresses and their prices are comparable to other places and they include alterations. it seems too good to be true! 

any recommendations? i don't want to buy my dress and then get stuck with 'cheap' alterations! any stories (good/bad) would be appreciated!! thanks!

Re: bea shawn bridals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also would like to know about this! This was the bridal store I was going to go too first when I start trying gowns.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are fabulous!  The girls there are super helpful, especially when you don't know what kind of dress you want.  I'm about 90% sure that I'll order my dress there but I wanted to check out places like the Brides' Project and 2 fashion designers that can custom make a dress.

They did my best friend's wedding dress and all alterations were free - she had to have it shortened, the torso fixed and bustled because it had a train - all covered there.  I believe they've won the Brampton People's Choice awards for the last 6 or 7 years or even more. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i didn't buy my dress from them because they didn't carry the particular designer, but i found Debbie to be very helpful. the customer service was great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am getting my dress from there. Im going back next week to purchase it. I agree with above comments, very helpful.  What I liked about them is that they showed me a catalog of all the dresses they carry (about 300).  If you know the style and shape of what you want you will get through that catalog very quickly (took me less than 5 mins).  And I found IT!!!!!!!! Hopefully all goes well
  • Options
    KewiiKewii member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there.  My MOH also used to work there.  They were super friendly and patient with me even though I came into the store three times, basically to try on the same dress.

My only issue with them was their sizing.  Their sample sizes seem a bit small to me, with most dresses being a 10.  I wear a 12 and consider myself average (I'm athletic, but with a large chest and butt).

I think the price was awesome and would recommend them. 
  • Options
    RowenaDRowenaD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good to know cause I have no idea where to start looking. I have been to one bridal store and they weren't very helpful. They stuck me in a fitting room and left me to try on dresses and didn't help me get into dresses. Also when the sales lady would leave the room she never closed the curtin all the way so anyone could see into the fitting room.
  • Options
    SF2012WEDDINGSF2012WEDDING member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I figured the dresses would be the same, I just wanted to make sure someone was happy with the quality of the alterations!! Good to know - thank you!
  • Options
    I didn't end up buying my dress from there, but did try on a number of dresses there.  They were super helpful and did offer to help me into the dress and lace me up if needed.  I went during the week when they were slow and they offered me their full attention without any pressure to buy. 
    Great service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards