Canada-Ontario

Accent Colours

Hello, I am new to the Knot...just got engaged about a month and a half ago! :) We have our venue booked (after a tedious search) for August 2010 so I'm happy for that.I'm throwing around ideas about colours and wanted to get some opinions...Without a doubt we want white and black but also want a bright accent colour. Any thoughts on bright yellow, lime green, ot hot pink?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Accent Colours

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, congrats on your engagement, and welcome! What venue did you book?I love black & white + accent weddings. Honestly I think that any of those accents would work really beautifully. As with any colour scheme, it really depends on the execution.Each of those colours would have a slightly different feel. Yellow = bright and happy. Lime green = chic, sophisticated, a little more mellow. Hot pink = trendy, more girly.Google "black white yellow (or green or hot pink) weddings", to find images of inspiration boards and see what you're drawn to the most.The only reason I didn't want a pink wedding was because I was afraid that it would really come off as a girl's wedding. I felt that people might look at a pink wedding and think, "Yeah this must have been Bride's idea"... I wanted it to feel more like OUR, not MY wedding.Good luck! Keep us posted on your plans!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!  August is a great month to get married in...ring_pop's google idea is a great one, definitely do that.I love the white/black/green idea, but then, I'm using green as one of my colours, so I'm slightly partial to it.Another thing to consider is your venue.  Take a look at your venues decor and see if any of the accents you have in mind would look better or worse with that they have.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • roque.jessicaroque.jessica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,I am also new to the knot, just got engaged 2 weeks ago. I booked at Paradise Convention Centre, the Prince room since it is a small wedding.  It has soo much character! I am doing a green and espresso brown. Since the room is soo rich witk dark brown wood panel walls and a gorgeous chandelier, i dont need to add much brown.  So... in other words I am also very partial to the light green color. LOL  Where did you book your reception??
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board Jessica!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    You can look at my pictures in 2-3 months when I get them back! My wedding is black and white with peridot green and pale yellow accents. It won't be exactly what you are looking for but it might give you some ideas on how the different accent colours work. Google images was a great tool for me as well, gave me lots of ideas. And check out the bios of some one the ladies on other boards, there are a few out there with those colour schemes and their bios gave me ideas as well.
  • AlePAleP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! :)We chose lime green as our accent colour. I agree Ring Pop about the pink making it seem like a girlie wedding to others. I'm pretty excited...I've googled for these colours and found lots of good inspiration boards. I really think the green is the perfect pop of colour...now I'm getting biased I suppose.Oh and we booked Liuna Station.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlePAleP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should mention that I'm from Hamilton but Toronto is the next closest thing...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards