Canada-Ontario

Please help me find an Officiant- recommend someone please?

Hi there ladies!So I just went to a wedding with the most terrible Officiant in history. He seemed very bored, never looked up from reading the paper and there was one point I swear he seemed to close his eyes and take a mini nap...Eric and I do not live in Toronto anymore (we're living in Texas!) and I was originally just going to go with anyone from AllSeasonsweddings but now I'm getting nervous because of the disaster of a ceremony it was with someone that stinks.For those of you who have been to a great ceremony and can recommend someone would you please let me know? Or if you've already met and chosen yours? Thanks so much in advance ladies! I would feel so much better knowing one of you have seen this person in person and like him/her.

Re: Please help me find an Officiant- recommend someone please?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings officiated by Jeremy Citron and he was wonderful. He kept the ceremony at a really good pace and had just the right mix of reverence and light-heartedness. [url]http://www.allyouneedislove.ca/Weddings/Home.html[/url]That being said, you could always ask All Seasons Weddings for references from couples who have used the specific officiant that you're assigned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the great recommendation Ringpop! Bummer is, he's already booked on June 12th! Such a bummer. Will have to continue hunting...Any other suggestions ladies?
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Tom Chire from [url=http://www.alllifesmilestones.on.ca/]All Life's Milstones[/url] and while we haven't seen him do a ceremony before, he seems to be very charismatic.  His wife also officiates, and she's pretty awesome too.They're located in Burlington, so they might not do ceremonies in Toronto...
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Who's your officiant at All Seasons? John Horvath there is great. He really personalizes each couples' wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Whoo hoo! I found someone! Contacted Jeremy Citron (thanks so much Ringpop!) and he was unavailable, but kindly referred me to Martin Frith http://www.ceremonieswithchoice.ca/CWCwelcome.htmWe had a phone meeting and he seems wonderful! I am so excited to have found someone great. Now all the big things are out of the way: Venue, Photographers and Officiant= check! Thanks for the help ladies!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it worked out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    We have heard numerous appraisals of Kettle Creek Weddings! We booked them for our wedding and they are fantastic to create a wedding that is all that you want and more! You can tailor your day to suit whatever ceremony you want included. We like their easy going nature. Our officiant's name was Ivan Arneil. Just thought this might help you out. The address is: www.kettlecreekweddings.com Amber & Trevor London, Ontario, Canada
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards