Canada-Ontario

*Raynes*

Hello again!I know your wedding's finished, but I figure you're still around = )Question 1: Have you ever been to Geraldo's at Lasalle Park? Looks like a nice place, but a lot of their online pictures are heavy on the fake ivy, and twinkle light decor. I was wondering if you've ever attended a function there?Question 2: Any trustworthy Oakville jewellers you can think of? I have to get my ring sized, and since Fi ordered it from bluenile.ca (or from a guy in an alley, according to him) we don't know who to trust to take it to.Thanks! Hope you're coping with this miserable weather better than I am.

Re: *Raynes*

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Preppy! We did a work party at Geraldo's a few years ago, it was our children's Christmas party. The place is really pretty, we considered it when we were looking around, but it was a bit out of our price range. As for the fake vy and twinkle lights, I'm sure you could easily specify that they [i]not[/i] use that stuff. As for a jeweler in Oakville, I'm no help there, we go to a family guy in Hamilton. There is the estate jeweler shop downtown though. It's on the North side of Lakeshore on the same block as Cob's and Flowers by the Dozen (somewhere in between). They're closed on Monday's but if they don't do repairs and sizing and such, I'm sure they could suggest somewhere. I hated the weather last week. I so did not want to leave the house. I guess we should take the A/C unit out of the window, eh?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    haha our A/C is still in too. Thanks for the advice. I just got a voicemail from Geraldo's and it may be out of our price range, too. I'm hoping to get a job that pays as soon as my internship is finished in December.
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think at this point the drafts around the A/C unit are letting in more cold than the thing it's ever made. Have you looked into any venues in the Hammer? They might have some lakeside stuff that's in a more reasonable price range. How is the internship going?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My Internship is awesome, I'm working at Weddingbells magazine, I've gotten the chance to really build up my writing portfolio and I get to see pretty dresses all the time.The one place is Hamilton we like it the Waterfront Centre, they would let us have the ceremony on the grounds near the marina, but there's no back-up in case of rain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards