Canada-Ontario
Options

ceremony help!

Hi, im in the beginning stages of planning my wedding. We really really want to have it at the family farm, the ceremony and the reception. We are planning on renting a huge tent for the reception and be married outside of the tent somewhere on the property. My problem is, its my boyfriends family farm. He will be sleeping there the night before, therefore I have to arriave in a vehicle. I'm thinking oh god, I dont want to get there and have to step out of the limo onto the aisle runner and start the walk down the isle. I would rather be able to get out of the limo, straighten my dress and check my makeup ect, then have something open for my to walk down the isle. I want it to be a suprise. Do you have any ideas? I thought of putting a little tent at the end of the isle but its to expensive to rent another one. Thank you,

Re: ceremony help!

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the farm have any other sheds or buildings that you could use just before the ceremony? Or you could have the limo drop you off further away and just take a longer walk to the ceremony site.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    hereiloveyouhereiloveyou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you arrange for FH to leave the farm house before you arrive and greet guests outside? Then you can exit the vehicle and use the house to get ready.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could get like "room dividers" I don't know how to explain them, but they are kind of like zig-zag room dividers that stand up as a kind of temporary receiving area? They sell them at home outfitters I think. Maybe you could have people give out ceremony pamphlets there before you get there, and then you could use it as the place where you bustle your dress so your FI doesn't see you until you're absolutely 100% ready.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards