Canada-Ontario

Introductions

Hello All, My name is Melissa, I'm from Hamilton. This was the closest board for me. I'm very newely engaged (11.7.9), and very excited! I'm in the ideas phase, and just want to tips on starting the planning process. I really fell in love with June 11, 2011 as the wedding date. But I have no idea how soon I'll need to book anything for that kind of date. Is anyone from Hamilton here? Or are you all Torontonians?
*Melissa*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~

Re: Introductions

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome, I'm in Oakville but grew up closer to Hamilton. Congrats on the recent engagement.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also from Hamilton. Welcome and congratulations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa, welcome and congrats! I'm Adriane from Toronto. In terms of booking your venue, I can't speak for Hamilton, but June is a very popular month and in Toronto, popular venues could already be booked 12-18 months in advance. Less popular venues may still be available with shorter notice. If I were you, I'd start doing some research now and start making inquiries in January-February.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • roque.jessicaroque.jessica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and CONGRATS Melissa.  My name is Jessica and I'm from toronto.  Im getting married Aug 14 2010.  I would definately start checking out some venues this month and narrowing it down soon.  When I went to look at some venues this past july, some where already booked for next summer. Have fun planning and we all have lots of ideas to discuss here :)
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Melissa,welcome and congrats!I also recommend you start looking soon, especially with a date like 11.06.11 that falls on a Saturday.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Melissa!Welcome and congratulations! I can totally relate to the excitement you feel as I have only recently gotten engaged myself! I would def. start looking into booking your venue, I had to call a ton of places before I even had options available, and my dates (all for summer 2010) were very flexible. But also... Don't forget to enjoy being engaged. I know that sounds silly, but sometimes girls get caught up in all the planning and get really stressed out and forget to take time to enjoy it all. Congrats again and welcome to the board!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Again,  Melissa!I forgot to mention, there is also another similar board which is a more general Canada board, and I believe there are some brides there from the Hamilton area who might be able to make specific references or suggestions if you're planning a Hamilton wedding.
  • AngelinaWAngelinaW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone,

My name is Angie and I am also from Hamilton. My fiance and I were thinking of having our ceremony and reception at Geraldo's at LaSalle Park. I'm just curious of anyone else has booked this venue or knows of anyone that has? Reviews??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards