Canada-Ontario
Options

Toronto Caterers???

Hi everyone,I'm having a 100-person very elegant but also diy/rustic backyard wedding at my parents' home next summer and was wondering if any of you ladies might have recommendations for amazing caterers in the city?I'm planning this wedding from abroad so most of my research has been online - so far I'm looking at Daniel and Daniel.. and that's about it. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!!!Thank you!

Re: Toronto Caterers???

• Options
    sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Barbara from Stuart & Saladino.  Everyone is still talking about how great the food was and she helped with decor.  She did a beautiful job decorating and our wedding looked very elegant.  Check her out, she was wonderful to work with.www.stuartandsaladino.com
  • Options
    sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh also if you choose Daniel et Daniel you want to have as your event planner either Rick Rowe, Russell Day or Susan Dorfman. I would avoid Melinda. The others have a much more elegant and creative style.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Ginger Island [url]http://www.gingerisland.ca[/url] I should tell you that we didn't end up going with them, as we ended up choosing a venue that had in-house catering. So I can't tell you about the quality of their food. But from our conversations and meetings, we could tell that Renee, the owner, really knows her food, and she was absolutely amazing to work with. She helped us build a menu from scratch, rather than just giving us choices from pre-defined menus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!My parents hired Daniel et Daniel to cater our engagement party and they were absolutely fantastic. We dealt with Jake and he was totally professional and helped us come up with a menu that perfectly suited our needs. Good luck!
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also going with Stuart & Saladino.  We had a tasting and the food is incredible.  The price for what you are getting is really amazing. Her company exudes style and the food is great.  She  has  a great personality and you will love her.  I contacted Daniel & Daniel, from what I understand their food is fabulous but their price is pretty high.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards