Canada-Ontario

Independent Seamstress/Cleaner Recommendations?

Hi knotties,
     I recently purchased a sample Jenny Packham gown from the UK and am looking to get it cleaned and pressed before my wedding next summer - could anyone recommend someone to do that?  The dress is eye-clean, but who knows how many people have tried it on before.

Also, since I didn't buy it from a bridal salon, I am looking for recommendations for a seamstress who can do alterations and fix or minimize a few small pulls in the fabric. 

Thanks!
p.

Re: Independent Seamstress/Cleaner Recommendations?

• Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Pom Penner - on another site I'm on, another member recommended her.  She took her grandmother's wedding dress, which was much smaller, and fitted it to her and made it her own dress.  Quite a few members recommended her.  I pm'd you her info.

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Irene's Studio on Bayview - she is EXCELLENT for all types of alterations.  My gown was covered in lace and beadwork but she did a fabulous job, and added a bustle as well.  She also has great prices - much less than the boutiques will charge.  She has an entire wall of thank you cards from brides with pictures of them in their dresses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards