Canada-Ontario
Options

Craft Stores in Toronto?

I consider myself sort of crafty... or I used to anyway. At any rate, I really want to take a stab at making my own card box. I would love hit a huge store like Micheals but alas, we don't drive and they are all really far out. (We're in the beaches and downtown for work)

I know we have a ton of really great niche stores, like Mokuba for pricey beautiful ribbon, or Scrapbooks by design for you guessed it, scrapbooks... but do we have any larger all in one type stores like Micheals in the city?

I know about Curry's but I'm hoping for something less pricey. Maybe I'm being to picky and I'll have to check out more than one LOL

Thanks!

Re: Craft Stores in Toronto?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's Curry's, there's also DeSerres. - I think the closest one to where you're at is woodbine and danforth - they're moving into craftier stuff rather than artier stuff. There's also a downtown location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could catch the go train and find a Michael's Craft Store, if you sign up for their mailing list on their website, they email you coupons, up to 40% off items.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got 3 boxes from the "Solutions" store (with all the organizational stuff), wrapped them in paper, and added bows and ribbon to it - I got the craft stuff at Michael's but you could just as easily get the wrapping stuff at Walmart, a card store, Zellers, The Bay, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

I haven't been to DeSerres since it was Loomis, so I'm glad to hear they have some craftier stuff. I'll check it out.

I'm banning myself from Solutions until after the wedding. That store consistantly makes me drool!

I might go train it to Micheals, depeninding on what I find (or don't find) at DeSerres. The Go train never even crossed my mind!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget to sign up on their site(Michaels), a regular box of invitations costs like $50 or something, so the 40% off really helps, well it did for me, I needed 4 boxes, lol. good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards