Canada-Ontario

Printing Invitations

Hi ladies,

We are thinking of buying BRIDES brand invitation sets from Michael's and typing out invitations up and bringing them to Kinkos for printing (this would include printing of the rsvp, and directions insert cards).  I was all excited about this idea because I though it was a good way for cut $ corners...But when I share the idea with another bride-to-be she said Kinkos may not print non-standard paper sizes.  When I called Kinkos (mind you I spoke with someone that did not sound too sure about what he was saying) he told me that it was less than 10 cents per sheet for printing and they do print invitations from boxed sets.

Does anyone know for sure or has anyone used a particular printer to print invitations in this way?

Re: Printing Invitations

• unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah a lot of printers won't print on paper that's not theirs because the quality of the print may not be good. best thing you can do is go into the printers with your paper and ask them. as well like you said i think it depends on the person you ask and if they are willing to do it. try TPH too. it's another printer chain. i find them better then kinkos. if the chains won't do it you may have to look for an independent printer.
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or if you have a laser printer, use that and do it yourself.  :)    They come out just as nice.  My girlfriend bought the Brides Invite Kit as well and it came out beautifully!
  • edited December 2011
    when i spoke to kinkos they said their experience has been that the non standard size papers jam in their machines so they may not be able to do it.  Also, they will not be able to print on metallic paper.  I would recommend buying 1 pack and testing it out before you buy all your invites.  I know Staples also does printing.
  • SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards