Pennsylvania-Central

Marriage license cost?

I'm trying to get organized with a budget.  Can anyone give me an idea of how much a marriage license is?  I wasn't sure if it varies by state or whatever, so I didn't want to google it.I'm OCD about documenting all this stuff.....LOL

Re: Marriage license cost?

• gmk1784gmk1784 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $45 and it has to be paid in cash
  • edited December 2011
    Harrisburg, $50 cash
  • edited December 2011
    it varies by county. you can normally find the price on the county's website. if you are getting married in PA you can get your license in any county you want... it doesnt need to be the county you live in or are getting married in. so wherever is easiest for you to get to. i'd say budget $40 to $60 or decide what county you want to get it in and check their website. a few things to know... you will both need to be there to get it, you will need to pay cash for it, and in some counties you have to apply and then wait a few days for it (in dauphin you dont, but some of the more northern counties you do). also, you cant get it more than sixty days before the wedding but you cant get it any less than three days before the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    awesome, thanks for all the info!
  • gmk1784gmk1784 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know the cost differed between counties. We went to the Cumberland County Courthouse in Carlisle if that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on your county... ours was $37 i think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    mine cost 59 bucks ( odd change ) cash or check only
  • rorileyroriley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lebanon Valley, $50
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards