Canada-Ontario
Options

One Night Honeymoon in Toronto....ideas?

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Oshawa and getting married next weekend (Oct 2). Neither my fiance or I get much time off around the wedding, so we aren't planning on doing an actual honeymoon for a few months. We were hoping to go away for one night, but I'm stuck for ideas. Toronto is easiest for us as it's just a short drive away and there's tons to do. Here's us:

He is: sporty. Loves hockey, lacrosse, basketball. Likes the Blue Jays (but mostly because I LOVE them). Not into most theatre.

I am: a huge Jays fan. I'm also very musical. I love theatre, opera, etc. I love history ...the ROM is great.

I'm looking for a either a hotel package or something that is relatively easy to put together on short notice. ANyone have any suggestions?

IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: One Night Honeymoon in Toronto....ideas?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of Mirvish packages for hotel, theatre and dinner together - check out their website for Toronto deals! :)
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS - The Jays are playing away next weekend so there won't be any games in the city.
  • Options
    two_zedstwo_zeds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    compromise is always good. Check out a Mirvish show and then go out to a place like Wayne Gretzky's for drinks and watch the hockey game (pre-season games are happening - you might even be able to find tickets!).

There really is so much to do around town, even go for a walk in the Distillery District and take a tour of one of the brewing companies. Youèll have a blast!

Congrats and enjoy your time in Toronto!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a number of U of T varsity games next Sunday, including men's lacrosse, women's basketball, and fast pitch. You can check out the ROM in the morning, have lunch at C5 or in Yorkville, and then head over to campus for the games - it's free and they always appreciate fans.

Varsity Blues schedules here:
    http://www.varsityblues.ca/

I'd highly recommend the Terracotta Warriors exhibit at the ROM!

Check the Mirvish website for show listings (musicals). Also, Aida is starting next weekend at the Canadian Opera Company.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Westin Harbour Castle. You can ask for a view of the lake. It's close to the Hockey Hall of Fame, Harbourfront, the ACC and plenty more.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There,

If you go to www.travelzoo.com there are a lot of hotel and entertainment deals in Toronto
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Your husband might like this show even if he's not into theatre, it's like retro rock:
    http://www.rockofagesmusical.com/toronto/ (fun but not romantic)

I second PP's idea about the Westin Harbour
  • Options
    gillbrittongillbritton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! I've called a ton of hotels in the city and I can't get anything! Apparently there are a ton of conferences happening right now, so every hotel I've called is either completely booked up or has a 2 night minimum. I really wanted the Pantages b/c they have a perfect package for us, but no dice!

Looks like it might have to be Niagara-On-The-Lake or something else along those lines.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try www.hotels.ca. I just searched and lots of hotels popped up including Pantages.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    to the OP - I can't advise you about the things to do but if you go to Toronto.com they have tonnes of listings for event on weekends.

If you are looking for a hotel I would suggest Westin Harbour Castle...It's a bit expensive to stay for one night but the bed there is amazing. You are right downtown so you can walk almost everywhere or at least take the subway and its not too far..
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope you had a great wedding night and weekend! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards