Canada-Ontario

Canada Post -STRIKE?

SO I have a dilemma... already my invites should have gone out on the 20th, so they are a tad late. The return date is June 20th but most people we are inviting know about it already -thank goodness!

So by tomorrow afternoon Canada Post will (more likely than not) be on strike. This could last for 2 weeks. So... how the heck do I get my invites out?? I was thinking of having my FI rush around tomorrow and get them all out in the AM, but then how are people supposed to respond if they do get them? Argh... For what I spent on invites, I would really hate for them to arrive super late. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Canada Post -STRIKE?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your bio says that your wedding date is August 5 - is that correct? If so, June 20 sounds like a pretty early RSVP date anyway, unless there is a specific reason you need responses back that early. When do you actually need the final headcount? If you can afford to wait for responses a little later, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if there was no strike, I wouldn't expect them ALL to come in on time anyway Tongue out

If your invites aren't sealed yet and your'e really concerned, maybe you could add an extra insert to say something like, Due to the postage strike in Canada, please feel free to RSVP by email or phone (and provide the relevant contact info). Doesn't have to be fancy, just a little card printed off your computer (Staples has lots of pre-cut card templates like business cards etc.).

If you're quite a bit past your RSVP deadline and people still haven't responded, you can always call to (a) check if they got the invite and (b) see if they're coming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    ahhh all for nothing. Can't strike until Monday.

As for June 4th  -that's my FMIL. She has a guest list of 150 and our venue holds 130 plus I'd like to invite a few of my family ;)  so she's crossing her fingers that our single friends don't bring guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yeah I was worried about the strike too. I have my rsvp respond by July 1 for my august 6 wedding. I know it might be a bit early but I will send them out June 6th just to give people enought time to plan arounf their summer vacations. 

Hopefully there will be no strike. I wonder if I should them out sooner though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards