Canada-Ontario

Photos after the wedding/Thank you cards

Hi ladies,

So it's been 2 months since my wedding and i have yet to receive my photos from my photographer. Is this time frame normal?

As well I wanted to include a photo of us in our thank you cards but since I don't have any good pics from the wedding then I can't send them out. I have already ordered my thank you cards which has a spot for the photo to go.

I know I'm supposed to send my thank you card within a reasonable time and I feel really rude now that's it's been 2 months and I have not send them out yet.
I can get them done quickly so no issue with that but waiting for the photos for 8 weeks now seems rather long.

Thoughts?

Re: Photos after the wedding/Thank you cards

• edited December 2011

I understand how frustrated you are! Have you tried calling your photographer?  What are they saying about getting your pictures to you? I would really get on their case about the timing and remind them that you need to get your thank you's out ASAP.
    Other than that, there's not a whole lot you can do, unfortunately :(

Good luck

• edited December 2011
    Hey there,

I have been checking with the photographer and emailing back and forth. Everytime she says its coming this week. The last email I sent out was 2 weeks ago and she said it;s for sure coming up this week which was actually last week.

Apparently she sends out the pics to get edited and I guess having had a summer wedding was busy...She originally said 6-8 weeks but 8 weeks now and nothing still.

Argghh!
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    last year a couple of friends got married and it took 3 months for them to get their pics. though it seems long it seems like that was pretty average. i remember getting their thank you cards quite late. as they both were waiting for their photos as well before they sent them out.

the main issue i have is that you are contacting her and she keeps giving you the run around. not very professional. all you can do is keeping bugging her every week. or maybe tell her you want to send your thank you cards out and can she send you a few teasers that you can select from.
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry about sending your cards out late, as long as people get them everything's good.  :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was in August and our thank-you cards were sent out pretty much as Christmas cards too, lol.  I think they were in the mail by the end of November.  I've gotten some as late as almost a year later, but I didn't really mind at all!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just like Littlin I have received thank you cards a year later so 2 months is not a big deal. As mentioned before, keep harrasing her until you get your pics! I hope the waiting is not in vain and they are pictures that you are satisfied with.

• edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks a lot. So that makes me feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one who didnt get their pics right away. Yeah I asked her to send me at least a couple of photos for my thank you card but at that time she said the photos are being edited. 

I can understand that there were other photos before mine but being a 10 hr day I guess that woud take longer. Apparently she sends them out to get edited. In the end I wouldn't want her to rush the photos so I can get them sooner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards