Canada-Ontario

Ceremony & reception venue

Hey everyone,

My name is Angie, I am from Hamilton. My fiance and I were thinking of having our ceremony and reception at Geraldo's at LaSalle Park. I'm just curious if anyone else has booked this venue or knows of anyone that has? Reviews??

Re: Ceremony & reception venue

• edited December 2011
    Hey Angie, I was married there on May 8th of this year, they did an excellent job, we wanted to have the ceremony on the terrace but there was a crazy windstorm so we had it in the big room upstairs where our reception was. The food was delicious! They are pretty open to negotiating pricing (we thought), and they added an extra hour of open bar to our package for free.

You can see some of our pics on our photographer's website here:
    www.dorothypphotography.com, or e-mail me if you have any questions
    ilovebecca at hotmail

• edited December 2011
    You can check out this link for pics of a ceremony on the terrace:

http://www.bostonimages.com/2008/0719_Erin_Rob/Wedding.html
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Angie!

I live in Hamilton too!

My company has used Geraldo's for some events in the past, and it's always been great.  My step sister also had her prom there, and they loved it.  I really love that area.

Welcome and good luck with planning!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although we didn't choose Geraldo's, it just didn't work for our vision. We found Mike really nice and helpful and had we been having a bigger wedding and using the upstairs room we probably would have chosen it, but the room downstairs felt crammed and small. Also, we are getting married on a Sunday morning and would have no control over how many group picnics were around the varanda. The day we were there there was a group wth a sound system right by the varanda, my fiance found it to be a bit too public. I will say they had the most beautiful selections of overlays though!
    Good luck with the venue hunt.
    Sue-Ellen
  • AngelinaWAngelinaW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

Thanks so much for the replies. This is the 1st I have been on here since I posted. My fiance and I decided to go with Geraldo's. We also set the wedding day back 3 months due to me going through some serious heath problems and we both agreed to buy more time to plan all the details. So we will be getting married Sept 4th 2011 on the terrace. We do not have the guest count for the upstairs balllroom as I am from Ottawa and only about 40 of my family and friends will be making the trip. So there will only be about 75 guests. The Bayshore ballroom (smaller one downstairs) is small , I agree and I'm still thinking the dance floor size will be a small issue but not everything can be perfect right? lol

Do any of you ladies from this area know of any great dj's?

Thanks for all your help :)
  • AngelinaWAngelinaW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one has replied to my post, and it has been bumped to the last pages. So, I'm going to ask again if anyone knows of any great dj's in the Hamilton/Burlington area?

Preppy, you're pics are amazing and you are soo beautiful. Congrats to you and your husband. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards