Canada-Ontario

Engagement photos at the movies??

Hi all,

I don't usually post on this board, but I'm really at a loss.  FI and I are big movie people.  We love the whole going to the movies and popcorn thing.  So we thought it would be cool to do our engagement photos in a theatre.  Now I'm having some difficulty with finding a theatre willing to let us do that.  Has anyone heard of doing this before and if so where?  Thanks.
Oct. '11 Siggy Challenge December: Fave Christmas Movie Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
BIO

Re: Engagement photos at the movies??

• two_zedstwo_zeds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I used to work at AMC Theatres in Whitby and I remember a couple got engaged there. The guy made a special video and asked to have it shown at the end of the movie. The managers were all fine with that. Maybe give them a call and see what they say. Granted, though - that was only about 10 minutes of their time. Engagement shoots take a lot longer. You can always ask to go in before the theatres open so that you're not actually disturbing the business. Give it a try.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about an old theatre like Bloor Cinema?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Try to find smaller, independent theatres. There's one in Westdale, in Hamilton, and I can't imagine the guys at Princess in Waterloo would have a problem. Also try the Encore in Burlington.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen them done.  I would talk to the manager and just ask when he/she is working when it opens and see if you can shoot before it starts.  I don't think you can take any  when it starts and there is real customers in there.

I've seen it done before... but never seen any people.

LOL... get a bunch of your friends and have them all sitting around you and have them all dressed in black and just you two are not dressed in black.  Ask the manager if everyone buys a $10 movie card to come back and enjoy a movie one night... would they do that for you.    I'm sure they would.  that would be neat!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try to do an older theatre.  They're more likely to be flexible and they'll probably have more charm for your pics :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • BoniTraviBoniTravi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone!
    Great ideas!
    I heard back from Bloor Cinema, $150 per hour.  We're going to check it out this weekend.
    I never thought of the Princess in Waterloo and thats where I went to University, oops.  I'll look into that too.
    Thanks all!
    Oct. '11 Siggy Challenge December: Fave Christmas Movie Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards