Canada-Ontario

bridesmaid dresses??

done anyone know where you can buy or have bridesmaids dresses made for some what cheap??

Re: bridesmaid dresses??

• StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     How many BMs/Flower girls do you have?

Impressions Bridal has great prices and you get further discounts the more dresses your buy
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a bridesmaid dress made cheap for a friend's wedding....but it looked really cheap and I would NOT recommend the seamstress at all.  What price range are you looking at?  

There are a lot of nice stores where you can get dresses that aren't necessarily department stores.  I've know girls to get matching dresses at Le Chateau, Fairweather, RW&Co, Mendocino, Sears, Melanie Lynn, and even Costa Blanca (although that was a destination wedding).  You don't have to go the formal bridesmaid route and still get nice dresses if you don't want to.

In the bridal stores, Alfred Angelo dresses start around the $100 mark, and The Dessy Collection starts at about $150.
  • edited December 2011
    thnaks for the info!!
    i'm looking for marine blue or ice blue bm dresses(3) and 1 flower girl dress. price range $120 and under
  • edited December 2011
    is Impressions Bridal in ontario canada?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Impressions is a brand, not a store.  I've seen a lot of ads for them in bridal magazines.  They probably sell that brand at a lot of bridal stores, but I can't  seem to find where they retail in Canada on their website.
  • edited December 2011
    ok thank you
    i just dont want my bm's paying a lot of money for something they will wear once..lol i don;t know how hard it will be to find the colour i want thats why i thought if i could have them made for kind of cheao thta would work...lol
  • colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dressroom gives 15% off, if you get your alterations done elsewhere. If you see a dress at another store and the Dressroom carries that brand, they can usually order the dress with the same 15% off. I know they sell a lot of Alfred Angelo.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used The Dressroom too - our dresses were $200 in midnight blue and they were from The Dessy Collection.  Alfred Angelo prices are lower and they have every colour possible - your sample dress may not be in the colour you want, but they'll have at least one dress in each colour for you to see it, plus colour swatches.
  • edited December 2011
    Alright, I know this might sound odd... we got our bridesmaid/jr bridesmaids dresses off the sears online catalog.  I have a huge age range (45-13) and I wanted something simple that would look good on everyone and they all could wear again.  Turns out we got them on sale for 62.00$$  It's worth a try.  This way too, you just give everyone the dress item # and they are responsible to order/pay for their own.  Less stress on you.  I ended up picking my top 3 favs ordering them getting a few of the girls "with trouble areas" to try them on and choosing my favourite one from that. 
    Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    We're checking out David's Bridal. Lots of variety, colours and style.  ALSO if you're looking through magasin's or at designer dresses try quoting the dress off   netbride.com    My friend used it for her weddig and the dresses were cheap and came in quick.  Worth a 1 minute email. Good luck ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards