Canada-Ontario

place to buy an envelope box

WHere should I try to find an envelope box.? Is Michaels worth the long drive? Do they have a selection more than the 2 on their website?
I have been stalking winners - but so far - nothing good.

Also - where have you gone for guest books? I saw one at Hallmark but I am not sure. anywhere else?

Re: place to buy an envelope box

• edited December 2011
    I only ever saw 2 or 3 different ones at Michael's so depending on what you want, maybe not worth the drive. 

Bridal and Beyond had a pretty big selection of guest books, but otherwise I've seen them at most stationary and card stores.
  • edited December 2011
    I think a lot of bridal boutiques may be able to rent a card/envelope box to you. Or ask your venue if they have one you can use.

Check out etsy.com for card boxes, and guestbooks. We had my grandpa make us a card box out of picture frames: http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=diy%20photo%20frame%20cardbox&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can easily make one, cover a box with white, silver or paper in your wedding colors, hit dollaramma, they have a great selection of items you could use to decorate it with, or just get some lovely organza ribbon from a fabric store and tie a big bow.
    Sue-Ellen
  • Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi rkto
    Your decorator vendor may also let you rent thru them...save you a drive to michaels :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making my card box - 3 white boxes (3 sizes), navy wrapping paper, white ribbon, and hot glue!  You can get them on etsy.  My inspiration below would be $100 USD plus shipping if I bought it.  I paid less than $20 for all the materials I am using and doing it myself instead!

We are doing a photo guestbook probably from shutterfly - they have amazing deals and you can get them for hardly anything (I continually get emails for free photobooks, or 50% off, etc.) - I think FI's sister said it cost $25 with shipping.
  • suellen2bwedsuellen2bwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of the envelope box looking like a gift box, what a great idea, thanks for posting.
  • edited December 2011
     I believe creative bag in Mississauga may have the supplies to make your own and its quite affortable.
  • marstefmarstef member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they have about 2 or 3 at michaels, i got one there and its plain and easy to decorate. if you sign up for their email notifications, you get a 40% off coupon for one regularly priced item. i had a bit of a challenge looking for one as well and decided to just do this in the end.
    mar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards